Cranks but wont start C180K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blakeinoz

Car
C180K
I have a C180 KOMPRESSOR W203 1.8L 2006, with starting issue, the car was standing in garage for about 4 months, it was running fine prior.

Error codes on scanner indicated MAF and cam sensor faulty replaced both cam sensors and new MAF genuine parts from dealer (bloody expensive)
Engine cranks but still nothing.
Found out Fuel pump had failed, replaced with new pump and fuel filter at same time.
Checked timing chain had not slipped or worn , that is all good as per manual (Haynes)
even though I have replaced the camshaft position sensor i still have scan codes P0340 fault code
I took back to spare parts and they checked and said its ok but gave me another new one anyway, fitted still no start.

I have pressure fuel pressure on the rail of about 55psi
I have also replaced the battery as per factory spec.
Checked I am getting healthy spark on all plugs
New fuel, new oil, and all filters.

Engine sounds like it wants to start but I still feel its fuel somehow even though I have pressure on the rail??
is it a computer thing, as the battery was disconnected??

any ideas..

Do you have access to STAR or iCarsoft? Generic OBDII scanners aren't much help on Mercs.

Also, cranking without starting could be a failed crank position sensor, though I don't know what it would go faulty after the battery is disconnected.

Does the engine fire at all? And, could you have disturbed the timing while inspecting the chain?

Also, I don't see why the disconnection of the battery in itself would cause this issue. Could you have contaminated the fuel somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom