Crankshaft Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ivandraganov

Long story short,misus took our c class to work and had a phone call —broke down car is on fire—lots of white smoke and car would not turn off even ingnition key was removed.When I arrived there was 2 Liter coolant missing and a lot of burn smell from exhaust.topped up check the oil all ok.Started the engine with difficulty and rough idle.Codes scaned with Autel —codes P0336 crankshaft sensor,P0087 low fuel rail pressure,P2A00—o2 sensor.there is pending for turbocharger P0244..any idea where to start..Difficult to start and rough idle are the symptoms at the moment..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume it is a diesel? if it wouldn't turn off with key it sounds like turbo runaway, where it uses engine oil drawn in by turbo as fuel and keeps running until engine damage occurs.
I would be surprised, if that is what happened, if your engine is salvageable?

I assume it is a diesel? if it wouldn't turn off with key it sounds like turbo runaway, where it uses engine oil drawn in by turbo as fuel and keeps running until engine damage occurs.
I would be surprised, if that is what happened, if your engine is salvageable?

It is 220 CDI 2005,oil level ok there is coolant leak when engine is started haven’t got the time to investigate.Car starts and idling rough as if on three cylinders...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ok possibly cylinder head gasket then, cylinder with leak is losing compression and cant fire, should have smell of unburnt fuel at exhaust

Hi everyone,which sensor brand would you recommend-Bosch,Febi,Hella...and how to check for the harness integrity..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All are reputable makes, Bosch probably best but if chasing a fault buy the cheapest in case fault is still there. as returning it isnt always easy.
Checking harness is possibly easiest with resistance check but harness faults can be difficult to pin down, an oscilloscope to look at the signal would be best? Do this before buying any parts it will help diagnose the main issue.

It looks like injector gone bad,any recommendations where can get it sorted.there was a place where they can be refurbished on situ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom