Crapital One.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Ok, i bit the bullet and got a 'No Hassle Platinum Card' (6.9% balance transfers for the life of the balance). I transferred a wodge off of my Mastercard and this went ok.

I then decide to transfer £500 off my Amex card, this goes ok, until i get my Amex bill and My Crapital One bill and the same £500 is on both , so my £500 debt is now effectively £1000.

I call Amex (call centre in India) they say ring Crapital One
I call Crap One (call centre also in India) they say ok sir, we will fax Amex and get it sorted out (this was on 15th Feb) , OK i say

I ring Amex today having checked online statement, £500 still on there :mad: they say 'sorry sir, we have had no fax from Crap One'

I ring Crap One - they say 'yes sir we sent it'

I'm tearing my hair out here!! Any advice from anyone, no smart **** replies please like 'dont get a Crapital one card .....' whats done is done !

So 'No Hassle' actually turns out to be 'Lots of Hassle'

Comments ?.......

Lesson learnt the hard way mate. There is no such thing as a Good Card Deal!! :crazy:

I know that !!! :crazy:

Any ideas on sorting it out ?

crapital one will have had to clear the funds at Amex in order for them to have a debt owed to them by you?

Sounds to me that Amex haven't allocated said funds against your account - probably sat in a suspense account waiting further details!!

Speak to someone further up the monkey tree

HTH

Howard said:
I know that !!! :crazy:

Any ideas on sorting it out ?

If Amex know nothing about it , then how did the transfer take place in the first place? They are at fault not Capital surely. :confused:

Well, i just don't get how Cap one can put £500 on my account and Amex not take it off ?

Unless they bill you first and deal with Amex leter .... but my Mastercard transfer went smooth as you like ...

Didn't mean to be rude earlier Brian, i'm just sooo mad .....

andyw said:
open a cahoot account!!! ;)

I said 'no smart **** comments please '

I have to sort this out first, its all very well opening a Cahoot account, but i still have to get these cards sorted out ...

You can't get to anyone further up the monkey tree .... the call centres are in India and no one knows anything about anything ... :mad:

All I can say is bad luck...

Good idea to keep track of all communications and names etc, when dealing with people and ask them to make a note on the system that you called.
You should insist that you will not be paying interest on the 500 on 'crap one' :rolleyes: until they have cleared this from your AMEX account, as they clearly have not transferred a balance.

Going up the food chain usually helps, but also remember to get or set timescales when these tasks should be completed.

A final straw may be to contact the financial ombudsman(person/group) to get their help to resolve this unsatisfactory customer service.
Also watchdog would be another good outlet for a rant! Not that I'm saying you rant! just in general!

Just as an aside, you probably have to pay a surcharge for every transfer? and so 500 might cost you an extra 10 - 50. Is usually a percentage up to a maximum amount. Worth considering the difference over a short period of time.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Sparky

I would think that you really need to be persistant with this - be a real PITA with them - its your money - be firm but polite, and tell them what they are going to do don't ask them

(if anyones interested - which i doubt !! :eek: )

Right - a snotty letter demanding the £500 be taken off my account is on its way to Capital One tomorrow !!

This sort of stuff happens very frequently with balance transfers, it may take you a while to sort out.

As for Andy's comment about Cahoot - I would not recommend them to anyone. Low interest rates which go up frequently, and poor customer service. I am still waiting for them to sort out fraudulent activity on the Visa card, after loads of paperwork. They tell me that Visa may take months and months to sort it out.

HSBC - one phone call (from them I might add), and no paperwork. New card and funds returned within 3 days. Pay for the service, yes please.

Go Howard!!! Sort em out, don't take it lying down - and other words to that effect...!! :D

We do care mate - I'm sure most of us have been in a similar situation and have felt as frustrated as you do right now!! Nothing worse than been mad about something and you can't even get hold of someone to rant at!! :devil:

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Andy

scotth_uk said:
This sort of stuff happens very frequently with balance transfers, it may take you a while to sort out.

As for Andy's comment about Cahoot - I would not recommend them to anyone. Low interest rates which go up frequently, and poor customer service. I am still waiting for them to sort out fraudulent activity on the Visa card, after loads of paperwork. They tell me that Visa may take months and months to sort it out.

HSBC - one phone call (from them I might add), and no paperwork. New card and funds returned within 3 days. Pay for the service, yes please.

And I've had nothing but good service from them :rolleyes:

I use HSBC for business, and wouldn't touch them for personal!!!

Horses for courses ;)

Cheers chaps - will keep you posted ......

It would be ok if there was actually someone to get hold of and shout at, but the fact that the calls all go to India, where the poor sod on the other end is being paid 3p an hour and couldn't really care less when you start ranting about customer service and expectations, just says it all really. The people on the other ends of the line just sound like robots reading from a script....

Once they've got your cash, they dont care .......

Right, i'm off to shave my head , climb a tower and get my gun ......... :crazy:

All I can say is bad luck...

not true - this is not bad luck.

I had the same experience with cap one a couple of years ago :mad:

The fact is that you CANNOT owe the same £500 to two separate companies.

Keep going Howard. Call the two helpdesks, ask for a supervisor (and no-one else) and get their names etc. Ask who you need to call to complain to about this scandalous situation and take it from there.

It will be a little hard work but one of them will refund any interest you've incurred.

You've got an E55 and a CLK convertable and you can't get a credit card ?

You must have been reeeeeealy bad in the past !! :devil:

I know it's not what you want to hear but I'm sorry but we can't find a good word for Capital One having had a running dispute with them for the best part of three years. In my experience there is no credit card company that comes anywhere near them for poor/non existent customer service.

So, good luck and hopefully you'll get your money back - we haven't yet

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom