Crash in Leicestershire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswt

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C320cdi Sport, S-Max 2.0T Titanium Sport, 1974 Triumph Stag (needing restoration)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/leicestershire/7502461.stm

This type of terrible thing really does highlight how dangerous driving can be.

Some many people's lives effect including those of the emergency services who attended the scene.

Does anyone have and idea what could of happened because sady it will soon be yesterdays news?

it's a notoriously bad bit of road and (I think) it has a 50mph limit which is generally ignored by all and sundry.

from what I read in the paper, it looks as though the Mondeo was on the wrong side of the road (presumably drifted out on a long sweeping left hander) and met a truck coming the other way.

Today's Daily Mirror has a stunning aerial shot which shows, the point of inpact, how far the car was dragged under the truck and where they ended up

It's not on their web site but there is one which shows the tracks where the truck has dragged the car on this page

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topsto...eicestershire-named-by-police-89520-20639487/

such a shame

Andy

I think we have all got to wait for the inquest as the aerial shots are quite confusing.

0C6CEE51-9DFF-751B-8990AFCC7A5C7441.jpg

I think we have all got to wait for the inquest as the aerial shots are quite confusing.

Yes, that picture shows the finishing position of the lorry which gives the appearance that the lorry was on the wrong sie of the road.

As far as the inquest goes where do we fin out the results. It always saddens me that the loss of life and dramatic pictures make headline news but the result of an inquest is almost an afterthought.

Yes, that picture shows the finishing position of the lorry which gives the appearance that the lorry was on the wrong sie of the road.

The lorry was on the correct side until impact, that lifted the front wheels and it then traversed down and across the road.

Google earth
52°45'4.73"N
0°55'26.14"W

Last edited:
No the picture shows that the crash happened on the lorries correct side, so the mondeo was on the wrong side... after which the lorry driver lost control and ended up on the other side of the road..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/leicestershire/7502461.stm

This type of terrible thing really does highlight how dangerous driving can be.

Some many people's lives effect including those of the emergency services who attended the scene.

Does anyone have and idea what could have happened because sady it will soon be yesterdays news?

I don't think you need to be Sherlock Holmes...

Look at their ages...

Look at the time...

Do Mondeos have six seat belts? eh - nooo. Four in the back, sitting on knees, no belts.

Within the speed limit? ...mmm...

Don't blame 'dangerous roads' or how 'dangerous' driving is.

Tough on the lorry driver - initially he was arrested then, of course, released without any charge.

As far as the inquest goes where do we fin out the results. It always saddens me that the loss of life and dramatic pictures make headline news but the result of an inquest is almost an afterthought.
Sadly this inquest will have a huge public intertest factor and it will no doubt be on all the national TV stations and in the newspapers.

Andy_K
Thanks very much indeed for that picture, it certainly helps answer lots of questions and only leaves a few left unanswered.

regards
John

apart from expressing sorrow for loss of life, what purpose has this thread... this is the equivalent of cyber rubbernecking

I don't expect any of the rubberneckers that have posted so far to agree, but scrambling over this serves what material purpose?

It was a national news story and people just want a bit more info to fill in the gaps I guess.

I'm sure that having six-up didn't improve the car's road-holding and manoeuvrability!

apart from expressing sorrow for loss of life, what purpose has this thread... this is the equivalent of cyber rubbernecking

I don't expect any of the rubberneckers that have posted so far to agree, but scrambling over this serves what material purpose?

...and I can't stand rubber neckers!!

But the pictures on the TV and on the BBC News website only show the lorry on the wrong sie of the road.

I have to admit that I came to exactly the same conclusion as Del320 but I wanted to see if anyone else had any more news that would either back up my thoughts or put me right!

Sorry if it appears to be voyeuristic, it certainly wasn't intended to be. :)

Yes it does, it makes us all think and hopefully drive that little bit safer than we normally do.

if you say so...

Well it certainly makes me think and I would hope anyone else with an ounce of sense would think the same after seeing the result of careless driving.

I fail to see your point at all. There have been some excellent contributions that have helped paint a clearer picture of this terrible incident and some questions answered.

John

I fail to see your point at all. There have been some excellent contributions that have helped paint a clearer picture of this terrible incident and some questions answered.

John

and what use is that to anyone on here... my original comment stands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom