Crash on pcp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One point to note is you might be compelled to have the car repaired by MB if that's the way it goes.

I've never had a car on lease or PCP but I learnt on here that it may be a condition of the agreement.

If I remember from my TCs and Cs the car has to be repaired/maintained to 'Mercedes manufacturer standards'. However, given that statement is rather subjective It would be better off to have it repaired by MB. If the car goes back and there there are gaps that are not in tolerance etc the OP could get hit with a hefty penalty. I believe it will also jepordise the anti perforation warranty on the vehicle. When it gets repaired you usually get a print off confirming the car has been repaired at an authorised MB Bodyshop.

I'm not sure whether the OPs local dealership offers this but I was recently involved in a non-fault accident with my C Class. I went through the dealer accident management which was excellent. Received a Mercedes hire car within three hours of the accident occurring and the car was repaired at my local dealer's bodyshop. Didn't even have to touch my insurance company as they did all the running around, simply handed over the other party's details and they took care of everything.

The insurer will not send it to get repaired at a bodyshop that do not repair to manufacture standards. if the cost of repairs are too high they will write it off.

If the car is written off you may well also be liable for paying the remainder of the lease.

Your repair should be carried out at a Mercedes approved body shop to maintain the paint and body warranties.

You have the right to insist on that - regardless on what your insurers say.

This!

You don’t really have control over whether it is written off or not and what you might have to pay is really down to your settlement and the value of the car.

Report it to your insurer and get the estimate sorted, then you’ll know how much it’s going to cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't suppose you have the details for the moped rider. Seems a bit strange that she stopped without reason, van stops, you did not......how do you know that it was not a planned set up? I would report the incident to the police just in case.
Hi , CFC !

Hi , CFC !
That post is related to something nearly two years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom