Crashed E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fady

Car
S213 E63, BMW X4 M40i & BMW Z4 28i
...for those not on the US forum, complete with video of aftermath - happened in London here

(I wouldn't mind getting hold of some of the recycled innards :devil: )

Well, some sort of credit (I think) to him\ for admitting it. Not sure I would have posted all the details especially pre insurance claim.

He will have fun filling out that insurance form. "I was travelling inside an empty tunnel, adering of course to the speed limit. WIth my cars ESP system engaged as per normal, the car.................."

Any way, like he said HE totalled it. Luckily all on his own without impacting anyone else. Hope he pays for the street lamp too!

I am normally not a bore about these things, but IMO to loose an E55 with ESP on, on a bend in a tunnel (they are never that tight) he was driving like a fool.

OUCH! E55 is a very powerful car, as is any other car, please take care of yourself and others while driving.

Intresting to see which tunnel that is in London, looks familiar...

I agree amazing he lost it on a curve... he must have hit 162 on the limiter and seen that curve turn into a bit more of a bend very quickly! At least he had the sense to test it when the road was empty... I feel for the guy - I hope his insurance company don't check the forums and pay out!

RichieRuss2000 said:
... I hope his insurance company don't check the forums and pay out!

Considering that the insurance companies send (or at least, used to) people to track days to note registration numbers and crashes so that they didn't get hit for repairs to track-day accidents, I can't believe they don't employ someone to read these forums.

Just finding this thread alone will save them a £60K payout:D.

I am not sure I would go so far as to say the driver admitted it was his fault. There was a bit of the "I was just driving and the car seemed inexplicably pulled by a mysterious force to the outside of the bend where a pesky kerb got in the way..." about his explanation.

I certainly didn't see the phrases "overcooked it", "just going too fast" or "got it wrong" in the posting. After all, this will have been a 30mph limit in central London.

I am voting for the Picadilly underpass or maybe that one on Kingsway (who hasn't imagined that they were in the queyside tunnel at Monaco whilst driving that one?).

Philip

scotth_uk said:
Perhaps the Limehouse link tunnel?

They have the SPECS camera's in the Limehouse Link.

i don't know about down in london , but in glasgow at the moment .. the roads are so greezy that the slightest throttle blip results in a fishtail motion followed by an over excited triangle on the dashboard.

fuzzer said:
i don't know about down in london , but in glasgow at the moment .. the roads are so greezy that the slightest throttle blip results in a fishtail motion followed by an over excited triangle on the dashboard.

I'll bear that in mind today as I head through Glasgow towards Ardrossan and the ferry to Arran.

He certainly made a mess of the car. Good effort! :(

Wont be the limehouse link, that’s too noisy as I can never hear mine with the windows down through there, my favourite for this type of activity is the one along embankment (not sure of the name) after coming out of the 20mph zone towards parliament ;)

I'd guess either the Euston underpass or the picadilly one near the ritz.

Tan said:
I'd guess either the Euston underpass or the picadilly one near the ritz.
Euston is too straight, isn't it? Picadilly is my favourite. It is essential we establish the correct tunnel for gratuitous engine revving of E55s! Bah, I can't do this in my deisel.

Maff said:
Wont be the limehouse link, that’s too noisy as I can never hear mine with the windows down through there, my favourite for this type of activity is the one along embankment (not sure of the name) after coming out of the 20mph zone towards parliament ;)

That's the tunnel under Blackfriars Bridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom