Crazy Americans...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What would you prefer? Granted I think it's a tiny bit over the top but I welcome this kind of parenting!

Kids get away with (almost) murder with little or no consequences (ASBO? FFS!)

OR

Kids are given a shock at an early age and maybe pick up some self-discipline.

Opening a Christmas present early is not a crime!

Common sense comes into the equation here! Children need discipline BUT the above scenario by the American mother is far too extreme. If any of my children were to open a Christmas present early I certainly would not call the Police and would instead choose another more appropriate form of punishment i.e. no more presents for a while...:rolleyes:

At first I thought it has been the local police giving the kid a "fright" at the request of the mother. But when I read the final sentence about the kid facing a court appearence, that struck me as an appauling waste of money and resources.

Asbolutely unbelievable!

The mother has clearly lost the plot. Instead of calling the police she should have called her healthcare worker and asked for more help for her son who is suffering ADHD and needs his ritilin medication adjusted.

How a 12 year old child can be given a criminal record for opening his xmas present early defies belief, let alone a child with special needs. My wife opens hers as soon as she gets them! There must be a death penalty for that!

She should be arrested, a Nintendo GAMEBOY Advance is 5 years out of date :)

- I have an emulator for one on my mobile!

Flash said:
Opening a Christmas present early is not a crime!
I certainly would not call the Police and would instead choose another more appropriate form of punishment i.e. no more presents for a while...:rolleyes:

Yes but the kids know you will give in and give the presents, therefore no dicipline:D

Shude said:
What would you prefer? Granted I think it's a tiny bit over the top but I welcome this kind of parenting!

Kids get away with (almost) murder with little or no consequences (ASBO? FFS!)

OR

Kids are given a shock at an early age and maybe pick up some self-discipline.
I fully accept there is a horrible chance this child might well have ADHD, but somehow I just cannot convince myself it is right to involve the law? The press do not have the best reputation for honest reporting and this story makes a good headline but lacks any detail.

Has the mother done this as a very last resort when she is at her wits end, or is it her being to lazy to be a responsible parent.

If my child was ill and had a medical problem then getting the Police involved would be the very, very last resort.

John

Geoff2 said:
Yes but the kids know you will give in and give the presents, therefore no dicipline:D

I don't have any children yet BUT sometimes I used to take my cousin's little two year old boy out. He loves cars and going to parties. Back in 2003 (he was only two and I had taken him down to Stealership to show my insurance documents to have my new car taxed. Inside he was being very naughty and misbehaving inside the showroom. I had earlier bought him a scale model from the parts Dept before going into the showroom and when he would not stop mis-behaving I turned around and said to him "no more cars and no more parties for you...!!!". He then decides to scream and shout at the top of his voice "cars and parties" repeatedly (everyone was looking over and thought that I was his Dad and must have thought that’s all I am about “cars and partying” ...:eek:) I then said to him if he does not stop being silly I will take the car of him and as a form of punishment I did when he continued to shout “cars & parties” - he then stopped being naughty and was as good as gold and since then always has taken notice of what I have said to him!

Christ they would not like my house, I can not hold my water and I'm always spoiling the kids, if fact both girls have me wrapped round their little fingers.

ADHD...... what's that? Something you get from eating too much junk food?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom