Crazy Car Insurance!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB007

Car
E220 CDI
Car insurance time again!:mad: Playing around with the filters on the various sites 'Car kept over night in locked garage' price increases!!! Car just dumped on the drive price goes down!???:dk:

Is a car in locked garage now less safe than on the drive! very Confused.com!

CLS55 AMG half the premium of a C270CDI, go figure......

If it's on your drive or in your garage, thieves know which house to go to for the keys.

If you keep your car in a garage your more likely to damage it while parking according to the person I talked to on the phone.

They have had loads of claims for damaged panels.

If it's on your drive or in your garage, thieves know which house to go to for the keys.

....or they steal the key anyway, then have a walk around in the street to see which car the fob opens.

If you keep your car in a garage your more likely to damage it while parking according to the person I talked to on the phone.

No worries about damaging my own car while parking it in the street. My neighbours take care of that... :(

I have my E36 on a classic / limited miles policy and they insist it's garaged.

Our son has 2 older cars with agreed value on them. Not a classic or limited mileage policy. It will only pay out the agreed value for theft if when at home they are kept in the garage

Thanks for that guys.....mind you in 2009 here in Scotland my wife parked her Audi on a snow covered sloping drive and l watched open mouthed as the car went bombing down the drive, scooping by wife up onto the bonnet of her own car! straight into the garage doors ( wife suffering cuts & bruises & shocked) damaging both cars inside the garage and her Audi..that was a very interesting insurance claim. (our one and only claim!)

Also you are more likely to leave the keys in the car with the engine running, while you get out to open/close the garage doors.
Thief then drives off with your car.

Insurance broking is like bookmaking, the odds are heavily based in their favour.

Insurance broking is like bookmaking, the odds are heavily based in their favour.

Err, no. Insurance is like bookmaking and it is the ultimate risk carrier that stands to make a profit or loss. Brokers can make a loss by running their business poorly, but it's not as a result of a gamble.

The worse thing are no-fault claims.

4 years ago someone reversed into my Parked car (I was in my flat) yet still to this date I have to pay more as im "More likely to have a second crash".

Total Bo-locks, I wasnt even in the car!

Car insurance time again! Playing around with the filters on the various sites 'Car kept over night in locked garage' price increases!!! Car just dumped on the drive price goes down!???

If you own a garage you can afford a higher premium- cynical moi ? :rolleyes:

The worse thing are no-fault claims.

4 years ago someone reversed into my Parked car (I was in my flat) yet still to this date I have to pay more as im "More likely to have a second crash".

Total Bo-locks, I wasnt even in the car!

Insurers will assume you are accident prone whether or not it was your fault.

Car insurance time again! Playing around with the filters on the various sites 'Car kept over night in locked garage' price increases!!! Car just dumped on the drive price goes down!???

If you own a garage you can afford a higher premium- cynical moi ? :rolleyes:

If you own a garage and keep your car in it, you are a Liar!! :bannana:

Nobody uses their garage for cars any more. ;)

Garages are for storing junk and converting to extra bedrooms. :bannana:

One of the reasons quoted is that in the garage they can work on your car relatively undisturbed and unlikely to be seen by passers by.

Just found out this week that my postcode is the 12th most expensive in the UK :(
It doesn't matter whether I drive a Mini or a Mercedes i'm still going to get slammed. The upsetting thing is young drivers with a years no claims in a better / lower risk part of the city can pay the same premiums as me a forty-something with a 20+ year claim free history with clean licence. The risk element is ridiculous as drivers still drive around the same city once they leave their homes. Incidentally my premiums went up 60% for all of our cars on moving.

What i find odd is how Classic car insurance companies don't quote on postcode, when that seems to be the main issue affecting regular insurance companies. Any car insurance brokers or underwriters are welcome to enlighten me as to how/ why this is the case.

I know when l had a classic car insurance on Porsche 944 S2 it was only £160 fully comp, but it had lots of restrictions within the policy, had to be garaged, couldn't be left out overnight away from the address etc..but it was okay for a toy, but utterly useless if you were thinking of using as a daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom