Crazy Main Dealers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zipdip

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
s320
Hi,my stepson has a 2006 passat,his rear indicators seem to be slowly dying they are LED,s this was a standard fitting,there are about 30 in a circle and small segments just go out,so I started to look round for them no luck on ebay,until I decided to visit the VW main dealer at Colchester right next to Colchester United football ground,this place is brand new,it was enormous it was like entering a very large hotel,gleaming floor and you had to visit the reception before you sat down and waited for a a parts person,there was 3 cars in the whole place,any normal business could not allow this amount of wasted space,the parts guy said the rear light units are sealed you have to buy the whole thing price £110 I observed only a german car manufacturer could turn a £1 indicator bulb into a £110 item,have now found them with Europarts now I know you have to buy the whole thing,they are £60 a bit better,no wonder main dealer prices are so high the overheads on that dealership must be crazy.:confused:

Far out, man.

Worth trying a breakers yard .

£110 isn't cheap for a bulb, but it sounds very reasonable for a complete light unit.

Did you ask for a discount, or try the parts counter at another VW main dealer? I've found that many are happy to discount (if you ask).

You can get them repaired there's a place near Glossop that does them very reasonably along with all things LED usually a 48 hour turnaround

... the VW main dealer at Colchester right next to Colchester United football ground,this place is brand new,it was enormous it was like entering a very large hotel,gleaming floor and you had to visit the reception before you sat down and waited for a a parts person..

VW Chester's new place is like this - I genuinely exclaimed "wow!" when I first walked in.

Not been a good experience dealing with them - every interaction with them seems to be designed to screw money out of me in a way that even the Mercedes dealer can't equal. Their loss - bought another new car for a family member recently and was able to instantly dismiss VolksWagen from the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom