Crazy mod?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Captain - X

Car
C230 Kompressor -96
I´m thinking about adding R129 SL500 seats in my W202, anyone who knows if this is possible? I could imagine that the carriage and fasteningmounts are diffrent, but is here anyone who knows for sure?

I would have thought they would be WAY too wide . . (but you're right it would certainly be a very different mod - I mean, I bet nobody else has ever attempted it !!!)

**EDIT** Think the seatbelts are also integrated in R129 seats ? Anybody know ?

S.

You'd have two sets of seat belts :D

I think the seat belts on the R129 SL are built into the seats, i.e. they're an integral part of the seat and not anchored on the 'B' pillar, as there really isn't a 'B' pillar on the SL.

*EDIT* You can just about make out the seatbelts in the seats in the following piccie taken from a german club site.

46b.jpg

S.

Last edited:
I know that the seatbelts are integrated, that´s partly why i like to do the install. Those SL seats are so cool!

Good luck then !

Pictures please, when you do it . . . I hope you will build in Electric Adjustment and memory settings as well !

Why not get some C43 seats instead ? At least you know they will fit !!

S.

Sym, I got an idea.
We could always try DorianT's seats in our cars;) ;)

EDIT: Only kidding Dorian.:D

The 129 seats are secured per 8 or 10 bolts that go into the sides of the tunnel and chassis...not into the floor...completely different and doesn't even come close to a way off match.

greetingz,

Damn :mad: I could almost smell the impossibillity there....
I bet this is just because i could get the seats relly cheap.:(

CLK seats in a W202, I have pics somewhere....

Originally posted by Koolvin
CLK seats in a W202, I have pics somewhere....

I've seen pics as well, and that really looks cool - must get rid of the flip-seat-forward-handle to make it top-notch though.. ;)

Originally posted by Surf Blau
I've seen pics as well, and that really looks cool - must get rid of the flip-seat-forward-handle to make it top-notch though.. ;)

Or weld the back doors shut and make it a w202 coupe ;). Now theres a mod and a half ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom