Crazy Thai truck driver! Road rage video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nothing unusual for Thailand:eek:

They must rate very highly as one of the worst countries for driving safety.

It seems wrong to me to give a driving licence to someone who believes in re incarnation:D

Typical occurrence seen daily below:doh:.
Samsung2007084_zpsb308fefd.jpg

I lived and worked there in the early 2000's, the, ahem, roadcraft was the most different thing from life back here.

I could tell any number of stories from the taxi driver who punched himself in the face when I told him he'd gone the wrong way, to my driver who drove 10K on the wrong side of the dual carriageway as it was less bumpy than the right side. The video doesn't hugely surprise me.

India is similar.

Very common in the South of Italy as well.

Usually it's two young mothers, with two children wedge-in between then, on a Vespa/Lambretta, and not a helmet in sight.

my driver who drove 10K on the wrong side of the dual carriageway as it was less bumpy than the right side.

It was a real buttock clenching moment when, driving through Turkey on a dual carriageway with a smooth concrete area but no barrier separating, to have two articulated lorries coming towards us on our carriageway. Those two were abreast of each other and abreast of two more on the correct side of the road so there was a veritable wall of articulated lorry approaching like an avalanche.
Our halt on the hard shoulder was abrupt and it was touch and go whether to bail out or not…….the second time was less fraught and in the end we just took it for granted.

I think the funniest sight I saw in Thailand was a moped and sidecar, on the bike was a man and two kids and on the sidecar was an old lady sat at a barbeque cooking corn on the cob, all whilst doing 30mph leaving a trail of embers in their wake.

Not great for road safety but once flagged down the corn was delicious!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom