CRAZY W203 windscreen WIPERS !!! SPEED SENSITIVE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perdikoyla888

Lately the windscreen wipers of my w203 drive me crazy, they only work if my car speed is above 5miles per hour. As soon as the speed drops below 5 miles they stop working. The same thing applies to the heated water nozzles. They work above 5miles/hr speed and they stop working when speed drops below 5miles/hour. This is absolutely crazy! like if they are speed sensitive like the tv function of my comand! :confused: Any ideas? Has anyone else faced this problem??? :eek:

I know that if i have my wipers on and I stop at traffic lights the stop and become intermittant,but i'm sure that my washers still work.

If you have auto wipers and leave the switch in position 1 the auto sensing bit takes over and wipes as it sees fit. If you don't have auto wipers then the handbook states that when the vehicle is stationary the wipers 'drop down one level' ie if you have them on fast they drop to slow etc. If they are on intermittent then the interval between wipes increases when stationary.

Haven't a clue about the washers!

Mine dont become intermittent when speed drops below 5m/h, they stop completely! :eek: And when I say they stop they stop in in the middle of my winscreen! (not in their normal parking position). So if I want them properly parked I have to switch off the wipers before the speed drops below 5m/h. Very very strange! :crazy:

Very strange indeed. Sounds like they need a good talking to. As a matter of interest, what happens if you start the car and before moving off you operate the wipers?

Were exactly is the sesnor for the wipers ?? Is it at the top of the windscreen were all those other ones are ??? i get mixed up with that black thingy on the bonnet lol.btw i hate manuals

Dumb question but sorry

Were exactly is the sesnor for the wipers ?? Is it at the top of the windscreen were all those other ones are ??? i get mixed up with that black thingy on the bonnet lol.btw i hate manuals

Dumb question but sorry

No the rain sensor is at the top of the windscreen. The sun sesor for the luxury climate control ih the black thingy on the bonnet. I hope this helps ;)

No the rain sensor is at the top of the windscreen. The sun sesor for the luxury climate control ih the black thingy on the bonnet. I hope this helps ;)

Are you sure? I don't have rain sensitive wipers, but I do have two sensors on the windscreen behind the mirror. I'd love to know what they do. I suspect one is for the auto lights and the other........?

Are you sure? I don't have rain sensitive wipers, but I do have two sensors on the windscreen behind the mirror. I'd love to know what they do. I suspect one is for the auto lights and the other........?

Make it look prettier ????:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom