Crazy world of used cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Coupe.

Should be unaffected seasonally. It has been steadily rising for 5 months, however, my mate's M4 dropped a couple of months ago and has since recovered.

It’s not the case that every single car is going up every month. I saw that a 20 plate E Saloon dropped about £200 into October, but quite a lot of cars have gone up again this month, more drastically with SUV’s.

My other half is needing a new car as she needs an auto with her dodgy wrist, we found a car she liked a 20 plate but its the same cost as a brand new 1 which be ready to collect march april time next year, its a no brainer really!

I've been getting valuations for the last few months on my work van,just out of curiosity I popped to the local wbac branch to see how far they would pull my pants down,came away pleasantly surprised, only knocked £200 off the online quote,but a very nice £4.5k increase in what I payed for it last October!

Yes, true. I was always slightly tempted by the R26R, but just couldn't get the looks!
And some of the ridiculous clios would definitely be fun. I forgot about these!
Although they go for a lot of money now, the 182s, Williams, V6s.
The looks of the Megane II was rather Marmite, I loved it hence I still have my Megane 225 from 2006 but do get why people don't warm to them.

Anything with a RenaultSport badge will make you smile. The V6 is mega and shooting up in value, same with the Williams and 182 Trophy are very expensive. If you go for a Clio 172 or a Clio 200 they're far better value and offer all the same fun of the more desirable models. Often with the models like the R26.R they come into their own on track but on the road an R26 will put as big a grin on your face. :)

The looks of the Megane II was rather Marmite, I loved it hence I still have my Megane 225 from 2006 but do get why people don't warm to them.

Anything with a RenaultSport badge will make you smile. The V6 is mega and shooting up in value, same with the Williams and 182 Trophy are very expensive. If you go for a Clio 172 or a Clio 200 they're far better value and offer all the same fun of the more desirable models. Often with the models like the R26.R they come into their own on track but on the road an R26 will put as big a grin on your face. :)
I ended up with a same era Focus ST instead of the 225. Long gone but really enjoyed that car.
Yeah I've seen a couple of 182 Trophy at auction in the last few weeks. Just can't justify the money they're going for. A V6 phase 2 however would be a different story...!

Just for fun I got a value for my Alfa. £150! I think there are some cars that don’t fit their business model so they’re basically not interested.
The emails you will now receive on a regular basis will be anything but fun

I ended up with a same era Focus ST instead of the 225. Long gone but really enjoyed that car.
Yeah I've seen a couple of 182 Trophy at auction in the last few weeks. Just can't justify the money they're going for. A V6 phase 2 however would be a different story...!
I had a few fast laps round Thruxton in a Clio V6 many years ago from the Steward who was using it between races. It was quite quick but had a real budget feel about it. I was quite disappointed. My friends Metro 6R4 on the other hand....not really comparable i know!

My friend had a Clio V6 brand new back in the day. Although it makes you look like a *****, apparently it's easier to just donut it than actually attempt a 3 point turn :)

My friend had a Clio V6 brand new back in the day. Although it makes you look like a *****, apparently it's easier to just donut it than actually attempt a 3 point turn :)
I nearly bought a Ginetta G27R years ago. Up in the Lake District. On the twisty country roads the owner delighted in showing me how easy it was to do the same - a 180 in the dry in the width of the lane! I often regret not buying it. :( I then nearly bought another with a stunning vegantune motor in it - i regret not buying that one as well! :( It was quite basic though, you had to pop up the lights with a lever under the bonnet when it got dark!

Just glad I am not in the market for a replacement car (any of the 4 in the household)

I wonder how the discussion with the insurer would go after they quote a write off price of £X but I then show them several AT adverts to actually demonstrate market value at 25% more, 50% more....?

Those must be conversations happening most days.
Will impact premiums at some point......

Interesting to see that there are "just" 400k cars currently for sale on Autotrader this morning. Might be wrong, but I think that compares to 500+k a couple of years ago. (Can't be sure, numbers must vary a lot through the season).

Maybe there's more to the collapse in new car sales, after all ? What is it: roughly 30% drop in UK sales units, relative to 2019 ?

Better than 2020, maybe, but we must be heading towards a million "lost" new car sales over the two years of 2020 & 2021 combined, relative to 2019 levels.

The emails you will now receive on a regular basis will be anything but fun

If I've done a few WBAC quotes in the past and I normally hit the unsubscribe at the bottom of the first valuation email and it does stop them completely.

If I've done a few WBAC quotes in the past and I normally hit the unsubscribe at the bottom of the first valuation email and it does stop them completely.

On my email it was at the top - took some finding!

Japanese used cars are low in cost and also reliable. That's why more middle-class families are buying these used cars nowadays. But for the lack of proper information, they also get confused. I think everyone should research on google at least to learn about choosing cars from the auction, Grading system, tax and duty cost, importing process, used car registration process etc. Here is an article that covers almost everything of those questions about used car import from Japan.

A couple of years ago I had the W204 wheels refurbished at F1 Wheels in West Hampstead (London). They must have kept my email address on file, because today I received an email from the proprietor (Mark) offering to buy any second hand car I may want to 'get rid off' - I expect that other members here may have received the same (if they are on F1's database). It seems that the old saying Scarcity generates value has never been truer.

Maybe they have started to behave themselves then. I did that before and they still bombarded me for a long time.

On my email it was at the top - took some finding!

It could have moved or I am mis-remembering. It was 3 years ago nearly I last did one.

Maybe they have started to behave themselves then. I did that before and they still bombarded me for a long time.

Well maybe not.. I suspect if you don't unsubscribe you will regret it as you state. It's more a case of making sure you do unsubscribe to avoid the tide!

Or, just use a fake e mail address......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom