Creaking Dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
W124 estate, 220k miles - not one rattle or squeak.

Andy

My 202 doesnt rattle, apart from the high level brake light I installed.

When I have my stereo on (loads of bass) it squeaks

W211 - did rattle - doesn't now

I have had an annoying intermittent rattle from the vent/speaker grille that sits in the middle of the dash since the car was new. After 3 years it finally got on my nerves enough to fix it. All I had to do was gently remove the grill, two small screwdrivers gently pushed into the release levers under the grille and off it popped, then used a soldering iron to 'weld' the grill and plastic netting together, and no more rattle... I'm now guaranteed to find a new rattle from elsewhere that I couldn't hear over the first one :)

pluggers said:
yes I had creaking noise's on my w202 this came from the door cards and around the insrument cluster.Ive cured the door cards by taking them off and putting gaffer tape all round the edge on the inside where there is plastic in contact with the metal of the door then trimmed off any excess that was visable when the door card was put back on..:crazy:

I've done the same on my W202 door cards:D

Further I've solved the instrument cluster noise with a small stripe of foam rubber (just 1 cm) inserted only in the lower part;)

this helped me!

Hi

Marco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom