Creaky Passenger Seat on W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

discodom

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone would have any tips / suggestions on what to do to solve a creaky seat on my newish CLKW209. I have had the motor 2 months now - an ex demo sport model with 6k on the clock.

Everytime my other half sits in the passenger seat, and upon breaking or going round certain corners etc - you hear this kind of short metallic creaky sound coming from her seat. Shes says that it seems to come from either one of the sides; I think it comes from the back underneath......

When shes not in it - it doesnt happen. As you may appreciate this is starting to do my nut, little noises when driving irritate at the best of times.

I have sprayed tiny amounts of WD40 and another type of spray lubricant into the springs underneath and any mechanical part that seems obvious - without going too near any electrics, but it still continues to happen. I am wondering whether its something inside the seat itself / or something rubbing.

Any help or advice would be greatly welcome.

Many thanks

DOM

Take the car back to the dealer.

Let them have the hassle of correcting the problem.

Merc seats are prone for the plastic trims on the side rubbing.
First a clip breaks once the trim is knocked and once it isn't help in with all the right clips it rubs like hell! Can't comment on the 209, but just have a good feel round the seat to make sure nothing is loose.
On older cars it can be the inner metal frame, but on something so new this kind of problem is unheard of...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom