Cream interior plastics and leather cleaning CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ginettaman

Car
CLK 320 Cab
My cream interior needs a good clean. What works on the different hard plastics as I don't want to Damage or discolour them? Also seats and door cards leather? Elegance light wood trims? Thanks in advance.

I use Gliptone on leather with a white rag (cleaner and conditioner)
I use Az101 or G101 diluted 10:1 on everything else

Both work well for me and had cream leather in the Saab (usually blue'd by jeans.....:mad:)

A leather brush and Gtechniq I2 tri-clean to clean the leather and some microfibre's to remove the product/dirt.
Tri-clean on a microfibre also brilliant for all interior plastics.

Happy cleaning.

Cheers,

Chris

A warm solution of wool detergent in water, applied with a white cloth. Use a soft brush for any ingrained dirt. Wipe off with a damp white cloth. Don't soak the leather. Allow to dry naturally.

Thanks I used soapy water for starters but the grain does seem to hold the dirt.leather cleaner with a brush mat get deeper as some of you suggest. Never heard of the products so will look them up!

A warm solution of wool detergent in water, applied with a white cloth. Use a soft brush for any ingrained dirt. Wipe off with a damp white cloth. Don't soak the leather. Allow to dry naturally.
Woolite.
Great tip and recommended by Lexus amongst others. Got to give this a try.

Last edited:
I’d tried lots of products - AG, Glyptone, Dr Leather - on the cream leather in my 9 year old Volvo, which was ingrained when I bought it, but none really worked.

But I was pointed only a couple of weeks ago (on the Volvo forum) towards Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather cleaner. It’s applied with a soft nail brush, wiped off with a damp cloth, then buffed with a dry microfibre cloth. £13.95 on eBay delivered.

Brilliant - I even called Mrs B out to the car so I could demonstrate it to her.....

(I then applied AG leather conditioner. To the leather, not Mrs B)

I hesitant to use any cream cleaners on the light grey leather front seats in my car because they’re ventilated. Cream cleaner gets into the holes easily, but not so easily removed. I just use soapy water.

As above - Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather cleaner
Better than gliptone and leaves a nice matt finish with zero residue

Anyone have any tips for cleaning seatbelts? I have cream coloured belts and they a very dirty.

Dodo juice leather kit. Its got the cleaner and sealant. Both are very very good

Try "The Leather Repair Company" for their leather cleaning kit it's meant to be amazing stuff i have some on order at the moment, about £25 of amazon.

Anyone have any tips for cleaning seatbelts? I have cream coloured belts and they a very dirty.

I haven't cleaned any cream ones but if you can the best thing i think to do is soak them in laundry detergent there are plenty of YouTube videos on it. Pull them all the way out and clip them at the very top so they do not retract then in warm/hot water and detergent (some prefer to use non-bio) soak them for as long as possible and rinse in clean water.

I have done mines that way for the sake of doing them but they are black so could only go by the off colour of the water had a bit of muck in them though.

As Christ2010 says mild laundry wash solution applied it’s an old flannel, rinse welll and rub dry worth a clean towel. Use a cloths peg to keep the belt fully extended.
A few years ago I had a BMW with cream belts and leather, came up like new even after 3 years of use.

A useful tip for those with children that are sick on their car seat belts. Rinse off the mess then soak the belts with soda water leave to dry. Soda water also good for spilt milk on cloth seats or carpet. Picked this tip up from Volvo dealer 30+ years ago. Was a life saver when the kids where little.

I had the cleaning kit on order from the leather repair company an i was very impressed with the product.

I had already cleaned the seats the week before with both Autoglym leather cleaner and Meguiar's leather cleaner and conditioner, i used both because the meg's product is a bit of a balm so it gives me a cosy feeling knowing i have put some effort into conditioning the seats, where as the Autoglym product lathers up well.

I only took a picture of the towel to show what it was lifting as the seats are black so you wouldn't really see the improvement.

3.jpg2.jpg

I was amazed that my seats were even that dirty as i do clean the interior fairly regularly. I applied and agitated with a soft leather brush wiped and repeated until the cloth came up clean.

Another vote on the DoDo products here, from a former Gliptone user.

As above. Extend fully and then use clips to keep them extended. Soak in biological detergent with hot water (Persil or similar). Use vanish stick on stubborn stains and rinse thoroughly. Leave to dry fully before retracting. Don’t be afraid to scrub a bit to get in there with a nail brush or similar.

I have used this technique twice on the cream belts on my clk and it works perfectly.

you’ll also find they retract much quicker once cleaned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom