Cream leather: help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobsavage789

Car
C43 saloon
Ironically, I bought a seat protector to stop the cream leather seat (not my choice; I bought it used!) being damaged by an Isofix base. Cleaning out the back today revealed this:

442F007A-C51E-419C-8D08-F56585E2C6BD.jpeg

I’ve tried leather cleaning wipes and good old-fashioned soapy water and elbow grease so far, neither to any avail.

Any advice/suggestions?

You need a proper leather cleaner. Leather wipes aren't great. Try dodo juice supernatural leather cleaner. If it doesn't work unfortunately it's dyed the leather

Try Gliptone GT25 Dye Transfer & Ink Remover Cream

Thanks for the recommendations: I’ve ordered some Dodo Juice (what a ridiculous name…), purely as it’s the cheaper of the two.

that sucks, try and protect something and make it worse.
you could try a MF cloth and very diluted all purpose cleaner such as Autosmart G10 in warm water (Try a non seen area first though) I did this on Jaguar seats but not my MB seats yet
Apparently "Leather" seats are now coated with a layer of Vinyl which needs different products to clean them, leather conditioner for example is supposed to damage the protective layer
I cant find the really good blog from acar detailer, only this from a quick google

You just need a leather cleaner.
"Leather" has always been protected by coatings - there's nothing naturally "cow" about a car seat finish.
"Wipes" are good for random maintenance, but you need a cleaner, and a little TLC to clean your seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom