Creative Xen 4GB Mp3 player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Anybody have experience of these? I have it in mind to buy one

Xen 5GB

I want a a small MP3 with radio, easy to use GUI and between 2GB - 4GB. SD slot a nice-to-have and don't especially want Apple (I like the wider variety of formats and the radio on other players) Ability to play Video is also just a nice-to-have

I have a similar Zen radio/mp3 player/recorder. Its only 1gb and I bought it as you can record directly off the radio and play/download later.
Its got good sound and is easy to work. A well made piece of kit and much better value than all the apple offerings.

I have a similar Zen radio/mp3 player/recorder. Its only 1gb and I bought it as you can record directly off the radio and play/download later.
Its got good sound and is easy to work. A well made piece of kit and much better value than all the apple offerings.

I've got the same and have been pleased with it. Good sound, good software, and good price too.

Recommended

I've got the same and have been pleased with it. Good sound, good software, and good price too.

Recommended

Both

Is it the same one I am talking about or one of the others in the range?

Zen 5GB

Cheers!

I have a Zen 16gb and it's a superb bit of kit. The sound is so much better than my old i-pod. The only downside is the fact that there are not so many add-ons for the Creative bits as there is for the i-pods.
I really have no idea why everyone raves about i-pods as they get absolutely slated in the music industry and sound crap.

Both my wife and I havethe 8Gb versions, which are currently about £75. 16Gb is about £99, so you may want to consider choosing one of those.

I have always favoured Creative products. All they do is 'sound' and they are absolute experts. They were always my sound card of choice when building PCs too.

Apple products don't come close - they are simple form over function and you are paying a premium for being trendy.

These are great as you can load them up with photos and videos too. For some reason unknown to me, my wife likes sitting on the train clicking through our wedding pics as she listens to music. (Maybe she's listening to the Verve and considering suicide :D )

Eve with the headphones supplied, these units give awesome quality playback. I only changed my headphones to Sennheisers as I prefer 'bud' style 'phones rather than the usual pads.

Will gladly answer any particular questions but cannot recommend these (or any Creative products) highly enough

I've got a 60gb one. PM me an offer. Its 3 years old but will not delete the contents ;)

Nice of you to offer, but looking for a small device. Thanks anyway

Having said that, never say never! PM me the model and a ballpark of what you are asking if you like

I had a battery fail on my irst iPod and then a disc failure on the second. I concluded that their customer service was poor and the products overpriced and over rated.

I now have an older Creative Zen and a couple of Nanos. All work fine. No hype, just kit that works.

My eldest has a player - not sure what - but it can broadcast (?) and be picked up on FM in his car. Just tunes his radio into whatever frequency and all his tunes are there. Does the Zen do that? If so I'm in the market as my birthday is rapidly approaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom