Credit card terminal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jp 1

Car
sprinter van,triumph stag,Nissan qashqai,bmwz4
Looking at changing my credit card terminal supplier, at the moment using send 123.
Can anyone recommend a supplier ?

Depends on the number and size of transactions. With just a few low value transactions, you could be better paying a flat percentage.

More or higher value transactions and a traditional merchant acquirer agreement with terminal rental and lower transaction fees might be better.

I use Barclaycard Merchant Services, 1.2% on credit cards but flat fee 50p on debit cards, but also there is terminal rental £10 and a couple of other charges to consider. Most transactions over £400 by debit card so this works well for me.

I run a Hackney carriage and use Izettle through my phone. Flat fee which I pass onto the customer as a "convenience charge". Quick payment a day or two after use of terminal.

ToeKnee said:
I run a Hackney carriage and use Izettle through my phone. Flat fee which I pass onto the customer as a "convenience charge". Quick payment a day or two after use of terminal.
Is that a fixed fee or a percentage? Assuming it's the latter, do you pass on the fee exactly (so have to do the sums every time) or do you just add a fixed amount that covers the fee on average?

I use Barclaycard Merchant Services, 1.2% on credit cards but flat fee 50p on debit cards, but also there is terminal rental £10 and a couple of other charges to consider

1.2% is a good rate. Big turnover?

I had an account with Cardsave. I liked them at first but they were inflexible re terminal rental charges, wanted to charge for defective equipment (more than one bad power supply) and wanted three months machine rental to exit the contract. I haven't bothered looking for a replacement but will if anyone can suggest a good alternative

I paid 2.25% and 28p on debit cards, so 1.2% is a cracking rate

The portable terminals are a godsend

Nick Froome

1.2% is a good rate. Big turnover?

The turnover was instrumental in getting a good deal. The deal was better still - 1.12% credit and 19p debit but there's been a recent increase in fees. We resisted and they came back with a far better deal than they first offered.

We've had faulty terminals replaced a couple of times without charge over the years.

Is that a fixed fee or a percentage? Assuming it's the latter, do you pass on the fee exactly (so have to do the sums every time) or do you just add a fixed amount that covers the fee on average?

I charge a fixed fee of £1 up to a £20 fare then 5% over a £20 fare rounded down to nearest 50p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom