Credit crad fraud - scum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
(Are Gerbils domesticated rats?)

No - they would be - erm - oh yes - rats :D which are horrible - furless tails - yuck yuck yuck.

But the gerbils are well cute and funny.

Pammy, just seen the thread and obviously am very sorry to hear you have fallen victim to this kind of fraud. :(

Hope it all gets sorted soon - there should be no financial loss on your part, although I appreciate that you could have done without all the hassle. :crazy:

With UnMarked's hugs already delivered, I'm not sure how much I could further add in terms of consolation though. :D

With UnMarked's hugs already delivered, I'm not sure how much I could further add in terms of consolation though. :D

Thanks - but your wit and charm are always welcome :D :D :D

.........be more prudent about shredding my papers - although they're usually carefully placed in a placcy bag full of dog poo - so if they got it that way - then it was not nice :D :D :devil: .......

I get too much paper to shred everything - i've worn 2 shredders out - so I now put all paper in a plastic storage box, with plenty of water and washing-up liquid, which sits under my counter.

The resulting papier mache goes in the recycling bin.

But I love your idea about the dog poo - I'll have to see if I can get my dog to pee on the pile of paper
:eek:

When you are required to enter PIN, watch for cameras everywhere, up in the ceiling, above the tills and always shield it with your other hand.

I think you've got me confused with somebody else :D.

probably - but it's nice to let you wonder for a while :devil: :D :D

When you are required to enter PIN, watch for cameras everywhere, up in the ceiling, above the tills and always shield it with your other hand.

I do ;) I actually asked a woman to move back in Saino's the other day as she was invading my space. Politely of course - she hadn't a clue!!

Coincedence. SWMBO got a call this afternoon from the fraud dept of her credit card - had she used the card at Carphone Warehouse or a childrens charity? No amount specified...

She hadn't, so card cancelled. Promised to get a new card by tomorrow (hopefully).

The only recent card usage had been Tesco.

I got my new card just after the Torquay meet as mine had been stopped the day before we were going!
A couple of £5 and £10 payments to "Save The Children" to check the card was still active, and a phone purchased between each one.

Lloyds spotted it fairly quickly though and only took a few days to put all the money back.

I was annoyed - but then realised it was eventually going to happen regardless of how careful I was.

I was annoyed - but then realised it was eventually going to happen regardless of how careful I was.

That is the worrying bit. SHMBO is extremely careful with her card, shreds everything and checks her balances. These systems aren't as secure as one would wish, it seems.

Hi Pammy,
So sorry to hear about this, tis a crazy world.

A few months ago my wife was a victim

Only used her card once and that was a shop on-line. Two monitors were ordered from Dell Computers and delivered to an address in the Midlands.

Our bank intend claiming the money back from Dell but are not interested in any type of prosecution :mad: :mad:

A sorry tale Pam. Sincerely hope that everything will be sorted double quick. Good of the old man to offer you comfort when you get / got home. Now when my CD's arrive could you forward them on please :D:devil:

wowsers , i hate reading about stuff like this but good the bank spotted it.

hope it works out alright for you. :)

Sorry to hear about this Pammy, hope it all works out ok. Chris nearly got stung a few months ago, QVC of all things!!!, but she has an account with them so it was spotted early and I believe they caught the culprit in the end.

Cheers.
Portzy.

I've just had BarclayCard fraud department on the phone. They are now busy unblocking my card.

It seems that my card was blocked due to "suspect activities".

The activities were as follows.

1. I use the card to pay for use of an internet terminal at Seattle airport.

2. I use the card to pay British Airways to book a flight.

Obviously that must be fraud - after all, what would an honest person be doing at an airport booking a flight!

well was it you?

Normally foreign transactions are pretty suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom