Creggans Inn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BEJ

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 VW Passat GT estate. SLK- now gone 2010 Hyundai I 10.
OK. One for you lot north of the border.

Has anyone been to, or have experience of The Creggans Inn on Loch Fyne or The Tingle Creek Hotel just outside The Kyle of Lochalsh?
We will be going 'Oop North' in June and will be staying at both places.

This could be one for *** or D18.:thumb::thumb:

This is probably in the wrong section - apologies - Mods please move to correct section please.

Probably why I've not had any replies.
:doh::doh:

I have actually stayed at The Tingle Creek Hotel..
I found it very good with some great views from the bedroom window.. (See photos)...

Photo 1 is of the hotel..
Photo 2 is of the car park from the hotel
Photo 3 is the view from my room..

Last edited:
Hi Brian, the Creggans Inn used to have a great reputation. Its merely ok.

Its the only reasonable hotel in the area mind you.

For Skye/Kyle, I'd recommend the Inn at Glen Elg.

Liz and I stayed at The Lochalsh Hotel on last years yomp.

A little dated but it was fin.

Lawrence stayed at a B&B close by and he was well pleased.

Many thanks to all of you.

It seems as if we should be OK with our choices.

Hi Brian,

The Tingle Creek Hotel is fine and I've stayed there a few times, but it is pretty much on its own if you wanted to take an after dinner stroll. I'd also suggest you have a look at some accommodation in Plockton, very picturesque and just a little bit further along the coast.

Thanks Lawrence, we stayed at Plockton last year. Very picturesque.

I think you'll be quite satisified with Tingle Creek - when I've stayed there the meals were good too. I would also thoroughly recommend 'The Waverley' restaurant in Kyle if you don't mind the short drive. We had dinner there on ***'s last Highland tour and it was first rate. It's a small place though so booking is advisable.

I think you'll be quite satisified with Tingle Creek - when I've stayed there the meals were good too. I would also thoroughly recommend 'The Waverley' restaurant in Kyle if you don't mind the short drive. We had dinner there on ***'s last Highland tour and it was first rate. It's a small place though so booking is advisable.

Yep, another Nod for the Waverely. Amazing food.:thumb::thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom