CRIME AND (Lack of) PUNISHMENT 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarties

For reasons unknown Someone saw fit to close my original post, Crime and (lack of) Punishment, which relates to the sentencing handed down to 2 young thugs yesterday. However, it was attracting some open and honest debate and I think it only right and fair that I should have the right to reply, given the personal nature of pipmk’s reply to me

Quote by pipmk* What utter ****, what do you want to happen to two children,the details of whose violent, abused upbringing you have surely read, hanging?
What they did was horrible, dreadful and so unspeakable as to make it obvious that they are badly disturbed children. Yes it's going to be expensive to keep them locked up in a secure unit whilst they are reformed, so what? It would be much more expensive to keep them in gaol for 40 years.
As for the suggestion that other 9 year olds will hatch a plan to commit a serious crime to get the same treatment, you need help, you are barking as is Para Alpha.
I pray you never reproduce or we will have more dysfunctional children. * end quote

‘Why did you stop?’ (The Attack)
‘Because me Arms ached’
‘Why did you do it?’
‘I were boared and there were nowt to do’
Says it all really.

Pipmk, Do you have children? I trust given the tone and very personal nature of your response in respect of my ‘reproducing dysfunctional children’, that if, heaven forbid, 2 thugs set on your children and left them for Dead you would be as tolerant, liberal and forgiving. That these children had a torrid and sometimes violent upbringing is accepted. However I am sure that they are sadly not alone in suffering in this way, and I have heard of individuals with similar backgrounds who have gone on to be heads of commerce. No, what sets them apart is that they saw fit to administer a prolonged series of acts so vicious, vile and humiliating that some have not even been reportable.. I’m afraid to say that some individuals are born, and with the necessary catalyst, demonstrate their evil.

as far as i heard on the radio the sentence was minimum 5 maximum indeterminate, depending on their rehabilitation.

the "expert" on the radio reckoned they would be inside for 15 years but dependent on their maturing into responsible adults.

i've got many issues with the case but the desire to see the guilty boys punished more than they will be isn't one of them.

they'll be affected by this every day of their lives from now on and that's exactly as it should be.

If a thread is closed is it right to start a new thread on the same topic without consulting the Moderators?

Hopefully this one will be canned soon as well.

No more threads on this topic please. Off topic this section maybe but we are not a debating club, nor are we setup to accomodate one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom