crime does not pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That reminds me of a good book called Freekonomics by Steven Levitt.

Freakonomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

chapter 3 is quite relevant here:

'The economics of drug dealing, including the surprisingly low earnings and abject working conditions of crack cocaine dealers'

So for some crime does pay, but not for the majority it seems.

'The economics of drug dealing, including the surprisingly low earnings and abject working conditions of crack cocaine dealers'.

Is this not primarily referring to the 'street corner' dealers ? Not the Pablo Escobars of the world ....

The kingpins earnings are enormous , and they live in luxury by and large.

For the few who get caught,many get away.

Drugs are an industry just like any other, and it has captains just the same too..

Unfortunately it's extra-legal, and therefore even more open to abuse than your Worldcom or BCCI. The guys at the top just pay less tax, cause more misery and have slightly more to lose than your average CEO. The differences are all of scale though, not substance.

Do you think the guys in the illegal drug industry cause more misery than those in the legal drug business, such as BAT or Diageo?

mr nice by howard marks is a good read, not so much rich but had a great time of it. Was a holiday read, felt a but twitchy going through customs with it i must admit.

No amount of Ferraris/ Buggatis etc are worth going inside for ,
let them keep their goodies , i'll keep my freedom thank you.

No amount of Ferraris/ Buggatis etc are worth going inside for ,
let them keep their goodies , i'll keep my freedom thank you.

I dunno, he's pretty damn close to the right amount for me :D

That reminds me of a good book called Freekonomics by Steven Levitt.

Freakonomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

chapter 3 is quite relevant here:

'The economics of drug dealing, including the surprisingly low earnings and abject working conditions of crack cocaine dealers'

So for some crime does pay, but not for the majority it seems.

Just read it. I quite enjoyed it and very clever.

mr nice by howard marks is a good read, not so much rich but had a great time of it. Was a holiday read, felt a but twitchy going through customs with it i must admit.

I have been to a talk by him and met him.

100% he was stoned.

Too high a profile for someone in that line of work.

The problem with making a lot of money illegally is laundering it efficiently. This guy would be doing fairly well if he ran any business legally and IMHO it's not worth the hassle of constantly looking over your shoulder by doing things illegally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom