Criminal behaviour

• Thread starter Deleted member 65149
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We used to get folks using our car park at work even though it was signed as private, CCTV with signs and parking charge etc. and also the bays were lined and numbered.

Sometimes we couldn't use the factory door, front door or turn a truck due to the parked vehicles.
I arrived back non stop from London in a van one time and i was most pissed off I couldn't drive the van into the factory, was in a rush to get to the pub. ;)

Got into many arguments with folks that "can park where they like".

In the end we got fed up trying to reason with the folks so gave up with verbal communication.

Sometimes one of our guys would park one of our vehicles and block the offending vehicle in by mistake.

Am I the only one who thinks that the way to get someone to move their car is to immobilise it by letting the air out of the tyres defeats the objective???
The objective is that , because she would not want her car immobilised , she would drive off before the air could be let out .

Failing that , you could reinflate her tyres .... in the morning .

There is the law of trespass ( which does not exist in Scotland ) where anyone who refuses to leave your private property when asked ( irrelevant whether in a vehicle or not ) is guilty .

Another option , would be to deem the vehicle ‘delivered’ to you to be a gift : therefore yours to dispose of as you see fit . Wheels are easy to remove and sell ; or you could as your local vehicle dismantler to come and uplift it for free .
BINGO!

We live in a row of houses the first of which (ours) was built in 1937. Cars were not common then. Our land is probably 20' to 30' above the highway. As more houses were built in the row and car ownership became more common each house owner converted part of their front garden to form a drive parallel to the highway. At each end of the shared drive there are signs stating "Private Road".
There are about 20 houses now which use the shared unmade drive and each house has it's own driveway/parking area off this shared drive. Ours has a gravel area big enough for about 6 to 8 cars and I also have a narrow strip (about 4') the other side of the shared drive which I keep clear as it helps when reversing my trailer in. This narrow strip is just wide enough for about 2 cars lengths to park leaving room to pass on the shared drive.
One of our neighbours has more area cleared on the other side of the shared drive, probably enough for about 4 or 5 cars to park.
About 4 weeks ago when I came home from work I saw that this neighbour had 2 cars parked on their area which I didn't recognise and assumed they had visitors. At about 9pm I had a message from the neighbour asking if we had visitors. I replied no but assumed that they had. They thought we had visitors who had parked on their land. Later that evening they phoned police & gave number plates. Police recorded the call. The cars disappeared around midnight.
1st August some time before 10am one of the cars was back, but this time parked on my narrow strip at a point where no other vehicle could pass. I wrote out a sticky label pointing out that they were on private land and should not park there especially without permission and stuck it to their windscreen which was unfortunately filthy so label was easily removable.
Messaged neighbour to ask who they had reported it to the previous time. Neighbour went out to have a look just as the driver returned & removed the label. She stopped the car (young lad) and pointed out that he was on private land. He apologised and said he didn't realise it was a private drive (obviously couldn't read signs). Said he wouldn't do it again. We suspect he was visiting a house 3 doors down but why he couldn't park on their drive defies all understanding.

I'm a bit fik and are you saying the driveway is on your very own private property?

Civil trespass is not something the police would like to get involved with but the instant loud, verbal threats are made, do you have an occasion where a breach of the peace is likely to result?

If a car parks on your private property do you have the right to lay wood cladding on your driveway?? Not something I would do but if that wood cladding had nails penetrating from it, then as long as you do not ram those nails into someone else's property, are you committing any offence? What about if we want to spray our driveway with foul-smelling, obnoxious 'stuff'

I would ALWAYS recommend 'jaw, jaw' is better than 'war, war' but a challenge is a challenge.

If the offending car was parked on the road then unless there are extenuating circumstances, we do not have a god-given right to park where ever we want

I'm a bit fik and are you saying the driveway is on your very own private property?

Civil trespass is not something the police would like to get involved with but the instant loud, verbal threats are made, do you have an occasion where a breach of the peace is likely to result?

If a car parks on your private property do you have the right to lay wood cladding on your driveway?? Not something I would do but if that wood cladding had nails penetrating from it, then as long as you do not ram those nails into someone else's property, are you committing any offence? What about if we want to spray our driveway with foul-smelling, obnoxious 'stuff'

I would ALWAYS recommend 'jaw, jaw' is better than 'war, war' but a challenge is a challenge.

If the offending car was parked on the road then unless there are extenuating circumstances, we do not have a god-given right to park where ever we want
Yes, my driveway is on my private property as shown on my house and land deeds.

Hopefully there won't be any more such problems because the neighbours who often had visitors who took a liking to my driveway moved yesterday. Of course, there's always the possibility that new neighbours may be even worse! So often the problem with rented properties, you can never be sure what the tenants (and their visitors) will be like. Not that you can be sure about home owners either, but as a general rule they care more. Even when a Championship footballer was renting the house next door, he made an absolute mess of it - even though his wife was (and presumably still is) a fashion model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom