Criuse control 300sl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterG

Car
1992 300 SL 24V
How simple/hard is it to fit cruise control to my 1992 300sl is there a port I can just plug into or would i have to link up everything.
cheers
Pete:D

Originally posted by PeterG
How simple/hard is it to fit cruise control to my 1992 300sl is there a port I can just plug into or would i have to link up everything.

Do you have ASR? :)

Steve (MBenzNL) did this exact same mod to his 1990 300SL-24, he was told that he couldn't have cruise by his stealership, because cruise was only available when combined with ASR, but when he pulled the interior away he found the parts just plug in and work! :)

Thanks Spike I saw that on e bay and so was wondering the possibilities. As for ASR what is that as I dont tthink I have it.
Pete

Hi

remove the panel unter your steering colom and look for a connector.

hmm test asr and see if you have it
on a wet road floor the car the asr light wil be came on if you have it
look your abs evt asr light in your cluster.

greetingz,

Mike

Originally posted by PeterG
Thanks Spike I saw that on e bay and so was wondering the possibilities. As for ASR what is that as I dont tthink I have it.
Pete

It's traction control basically. Cruise was only available from new if you had ASR as an option, so the stealerships and the parts/technical computer say it can't be fitted, but it can of course :)

But without asr you can mod cruisecontrol to it wil be cost then something more

greetingz,

Mike

Thanks Guys
Unfortunately I do not have ASR { I get plenty of wheel spin he he } Had a look under the column and saw no available connector socket :mad:
Was worth looking into it though and thanks for your input much appreciated
Pete:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom