Crossfire Convertible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
I saw an 08 reg Crossfire convertible (manual) in mid metallic blue and black leather, black hood in showroom condition (not sure about mileage but can't be much) at Lancaster Lakeside for ....

£19,995!

After some haggling, you should be able to get it for £18k which is the price of a Mazda MX-5! The Crossfire Convertible has Mercedes's excellent 3.2 litre twin spark V6.

Tempting, isn't it, or is it?

Blimey.

pity it is wrapped up in a shell that's out of proportion and sad looking form certain angles... you don't drive engines they drive the cars

Does sound cheap for a nearly new car, but bearing in mind the mechanicals of this car are quite dated now (based on the old SLK?), plus interior bits that were also used from the W202 (15 year old design!) I'd imagine it's not much of a better buy than an ultra-low mileage R170 SLK?

I don't think they were/have been very popular since new (the Crossfire)

Bet they depreciate quite quick too?

All IMHO of course :)

Will

I always thought the crossfire was quite a ncie car. quirky looks but I liked them and they came with quite a high spec, and really nice alloys :) also, they're dead cheap on the secondhand market. good value buy I'd say, though the depreciation will be pretty steep. also one of the few cars with different alloy diameters front and back! 18's front and 19's back I think.

I considered one and then ended up with the original, and got my SLK320 instead :)

dave

The supercharged SRT-6 is a tasty proposition!!

Friend had a 320 one? or normal one with the 320 engine (manual !!!)

Looked cheap inside even though merc slk but sprayed silver.

At 18K for an 08 car though that IS a lot of car for the money. Like you say Mx5, mini, eos convertible all cost that and look pretty ordinary.

I thought that hood would have looked terrific..... if it were teak-planked.

Nice runabout, sailor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom