Crossfire/SLK320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MainMan

Car
SLK 320
Bearing in mind that the Crossfire and the SLK320 are mechanically almost identical (and the SLK is basically a cut-and-shut C-class), I was wondering if Chrysler dealers are now "approved" to service Mercedes. I would have thought they must have all the same diagnostic equipment. Daimler Chrysler haven't managed to buy them all up yet, so the prices might be more reasonable.

MainMan said:
Bearing in mind that the Crossfire and the SLK320 are mechanically almost identical (and the SLK is basically a cut-and-shut C-class), I was wondering if Chrysler dealers are now "approved" to service Mercedes. I would have thought they must have all the same diagnostic equipment. Daimler Chrysler haven't managed to buy them all up yet, so the prices might be more reasonable.
Just had a 48K service on a Voyager which is the MB CRD engine- £288. I was wondering the same as they are one and the same when all said and done now anyway.

Breaks down as:

Oil..... 25.50
Service to manuf spec..... 119.90
scrfeen wash x 2..... 1.90
washer drain plug.....3.52
4 x filters.....71.44
bulb.....8.50
brake fluid.....11.25
environmental charge.....3.50

plus VAT.....42.96

Was less than I was expecting - be interesting to see if they could do the SLK to MB's spec!! They'd love to get me to swap the SLK for the Crossfire - erm - no!!!!

tbh the crossfire has been slated, for some reason the americans have ruined it

samuelellis said:
tbh the crossfire has been slated, for some reason the americans have ruined it

Can it be because the suspension cant take the weight of all the McDonalds happy meals they carry around :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom