Cruise Control and Gearbox Mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nmather83

Car
Mercedes CLS 350CDI AMG Sport 2013 (W218)
Hi,

Having a recurring problem regarding my cruise control and my gearbox mode when starting my CLS. When first starting on the dash where you have RND - P you normally get a green E next to this stating the mode in which the gearbox is in. Currently that green E takes any where from 40 - 50 seconds to show. If I cycle the ignition again normally the E will show up instantly. However when it doesn't show instantly I lose my cruise control function and if I don't wait for the green E to show and try and put it in D or R there is a big clunk when going in.

This has been putting the engine light on which is showing U0101 lost communication with TCM.

I have had it down to the dealer I bought it from who are an indy but have the diagnostics to speak to TCM and said there was no faults in the TCM so they cleared the errors and when I got back in this morning problem has come back.

The gearbox is running smooth and has just had a gearbox service and I have just put brand new battery on. The problem was happening before that. The only other symptom I am getting occasionally is when starting the car I get nothing for a few seconds then she fires up. And by nothing I mean all check lights on in normal start up no engine turn over (silence) then couple of seconds then fire up.

Can anyone help or has seen anything like this? Just seems where ever I turn I get puzzled looks and scratching of heads.

Update Turned out to be internal TCM module. Being replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom