Cruise control braking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biggee3005

Car
W212 E350 Sport
Hi guys got a w212 e350 sport. And what I've started to notice is that on long journeys sitting on the cruis I start to get juddering from one of the brakes. I I think it's one of the backs as I can't feel anything in the steering. Has anyone had this. And it doesn't do it on journeys lasting less than and hour. And the only way to stop it is to get on the brakes slow down then start again.

Hi guys got a w212 e350 sport. And what I've started to notice is that on long journeys sitting on the cruis I start to get juddering from one of the brakes. I I think it's one of the backs as I can't feel anything in the steering. Has anyone had this. And it doesn't do it on journeys lasting less than and hour. And the only way to stop it is to get on the brakes slow down then start again.
Not experienced anything like this. It does sound like a transmission problem, possibly the torque converter lock up clutches slipping as it gets hot and then re-engaging as you brake and accelerate. But this is just amateur speculation and hopefully somebody who knows what they are talking about will be along soon! I think you may need to get it looked at before it develops in to a worse problem.

If it is on cruise, how do know the juddering is from the brakes??

If it is on cruise, how do know the juddering is from the brakes??

OP does say "And the only way to stop it is to get on the brakes slow down then start again"

But why brakes only judder with cruise on is another matter.

OP does say "And the only way to stop it is to get on the brakes slow down then start again"

But why brakes only judder with cruise on is another matter.

And that

sitting on the cruis I start to get juddering from one of the brakes.

Which implies cruise was applying the brakes, not the OP.

Semantics maybe but clarity is key when problem solving

With all due respect to the OP, he can't be certain that it is the brake system that is causing the juddering - it may just feel that way. And it may be that slowing and accelerating stops it. The fact that this involves braking may be incidental.

I can be sure it's the brakes as a quick pump to the brakes solves it. And it doesn't occur when I'm not using cruise control as I've sat there for hours with my foot on the pedal to check if it was the car or the system/ brakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom