Cruise control - how do you understand that term?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Just been reading some amazing law suits from the US (I'll post the others if anyone's interested) but this one is at least motoring related!

Unbelievable, but true..

"Mrs.. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home from an OU football game, having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home. "

What can you say... :D

It's just another case of the world going mad. There's no accounting for a total lack of common sense.

It always brings a little smile to my face when I see 'caution hot water' stickers above the hot taps in public places.

just as well she left the drivers seat, imagine the consequences had she continued in the drivers seat

Just been reading some amazing law suits from the US (I'll post the others if anyone's interested) but this one is at least motoring related!

Unbelievable, but true..

"Mrs.. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home from an OU football game, having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home. "

What can you say... :D

I'd like to say Only in America, but I fear such nonsense is wafting over the Pond as inexorably as a volcanic dust cloud.

Good find!! I did wonder, but my source said it was true! There you go!! :D

Good find!! I did wonder, but my source said it was true! There you go!! :D

I first heard that story at least 20 years ago! Add the children in tumble driers, cats in microwaves and electric fires in showers stories and there is a whole world of potential stupidity out there to amuse us:)

its a bit like the "irishman" who got stopped by the police.

they asked him "is this car automatic sir ? "

his reply..........."yes...............but i have to be here" !!!!!!!

Too true! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom