Cruise control - is it working correctly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isg

Car
C320 cdi w204
Hi

I have a C320 W204, had it 6 months.

Question on the cruise.

Set to 70mph, with cruise not speedtronic. Maintains speed fine.

Accelerate to 80 to overtake.
lift off accelerate and the car appears to brake ( not smoothly) to get back down to 70.

Is this what I should expect ?

If I maintain my own 70 without cruise and accelerate to 80 and lift off, the car drop back to 70 very smoothly.

regards
ian

I like it that it brakes hard to get back to the correct cruise speed, works well for speed cameras. You will eventually learn to overtake and then gradually feather the accelerator down until you're near the original cruise speed and then let go of the accelerator to let the car take over again.

All,

Thanks for the very prompt replies !.

At least i now know it is working as expected .

other cars i have had with cruise just drop to the previous speed less abruptly.

regards

..other cars i have had with cruise just drop to the previous speed less abruptly.

I'm sure older MBs like mine don't do it either. How hard does it brake? Strikes me it could catch you out if it did it at the 'wrong' time, perhaps on a fast, but bendy, motorway link road, for example.

Yeah my 202 used to do a gradual slow down back to what you set it too - I imagine I'd freak out if my car slammed on the brakes for a few seconds without realising they'd changed the way it works!

hi

i don't know if the brake lights come on , but it is very unnerving.

as for how much does it brake, more then a gentle reduction in speed.
and more than i feel comfortable with on a motorway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom