Cruise Control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zuffenhausen

Car
2001 C220 Coupe
The cruise on my C220 Coupe will not set above 60mph and will switch off going uphill or on the over run down hill.
I have read several other threads about the same issue on other models.
My wheels are factory standard 17" as are my tyre sizes, the pressures are also correct.
What has been found to be the solution ?

If you car has its brake light switch behind the top of the brake pedal it could have gone faulty, it's quite common.

If it hasn't, have it put on a STAR and get the codes read.

The cruise on my C220 Coupe will not set above 60mph and will switch off going uphill or on the over run down hill.
I have read several other threads about the same issue on other models.
My wheels are factory standard 17" as are my tyre sizes, the pressures are also correct.
What has been found to be the solution ?

It may be caused by differing wheel speeds somehow. Are you sre you have the correct wheels and tyres?

My old 210 acted the same way when I had the summer tyres on the rear and winter tyres on the front... Even though they were quite similar in size it obviously was enough difference for the ABS/ASR system to detect a difference in speed great enough to disconnect the cruisecontrol. It would happen most in curves at speed, but cruise wouldn't set at all if I went over 100 km/h. or about 60 mph..

Wheels and tyres are all correct size and brake light switch is functioning correctly.
As so many previous posts have mentioned similar issues what has been found to be the cause previously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom