CTEK MXS 5.0 battery charger getting very hot ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
Hi,

Does anyone own one of these popular battery chargers (CTEK MXS 5.0)? I recently purchased one and used it today, but after about 3 hours of having it on charge I went to check it and when I touched the unit it was VERY hot.

It was soo hot that I decided to switch it off rather than run it overnight in case it went in to meltdown.

Is this normal on this model ? I've never known a charger to run soo hot.

Many Thanks

Hi, mine gets warm never ever hot! I'd be taking it back mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would suggest then there's a fault especially on a new unit. Time to contact whoever/wherever supplied it.

I would get it changed, you have 5 years warranty.

I got mine changed with the eBay seller after a couple of months of ownership when mine did not work. I only sent the unit back and he sent me a whole new package haha.

Would suggest then there's a fault especially on a new unit. Time to contact whoever/wherever supplied it.

Yep....gonna do that today...It was Amazon. I bought it about 6 months ago but havn't had the time to test it out till yesterday.:eek:

Back to the good old trusty Lidl unit that does the job every time !

Should be interesting as to how Amazon deal with this as I did some research on this and most people say that they appear to fob you off to Ctek and apparently Ctek customer support is near non existant when it comes to issues, so lets see.

Update.....Amazon super helpful and replacement sent out :bannana:

I thought I was going to have an issue with this as I bought it last December.

These are trickle chargers...not sure if maybe it`s working a bit too hard if your battery is completely flat. I just use mine now and then to trickle charge and once a year to condition the battery. Can`t you source a designated booster to fully charge it first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom