Cup holders in W140!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frog1520

Hi all!

I've acquired a 97 S320 - registered 97, but probably a 96 model; don't know how to tell!

The biggest problem I've got now is it has no cupholder for the driver!! I'm used to using the coin box in my 98 C180 as a cupholder, but there doesnt seem to be any equivalent here.

I don't want a tacky halfords cup holder attached to the airvent, so are there any other options? I've looked at ultimatecupholders.com etc, but nothing seems to suit the W140.

I gather than some versions of the W140 had cupholders in the center armrest. Would it be feasible to change the center console? Any ideas where I might be able to source one?

Surely I cant be the only W140 owner who likes a cup of coffee... :)

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

nope - one of my bugbears as well..

temporary trick if you have the split armrest (thin upper section) is to use a double cupholder from mcdonalds... damhikijkok...

alternativly -

140cupholder.jpg

part 105 is 001 810 64 14 and is 127 US dollars retail - so i guess about 100 quid... expensive cup of coffee...

Hidden cupholder

frog1520 said:
I've acquired a 97 S320 - registered 97, but probably a 96 model; don't know how to tell!

The biggest problem I've got now is it has no cupholder for the driver!!

If the aircon is equipped with radio-like control module it is 1997, if separate controls it is pre -97.

There is a hidden cupholder in your glovebox: open the box first and lift up the small lid just beside the lock. There is also space for your parking coins as well.

side air bags came in post 96 as well. and the non rotting wiring harness...... :eek:

Thanks for the info!! Looks like its a 97! Glad that the wires aint
gonna rot!!!

Cheers!

Does anyone know when cup holders were introduced into the W140 armrest? I thought it was 98, but Just looked at a 98 S500 which didn't have them, and a mates 99 S320 doesnt have them either!!!

Thanks!

Finally got this sorted out. The UK part number was B 669 201 00.

Only 15 quid from the stealer - just screws into the center console with 3 screws!

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Hope this works, just trying to attach...

Attachments

• cupholder.jpg
    cupholder.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 282
And another...

(Coins not included :D )

Attachments

• cupholder2.jpg
    cupholder2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 274
Emailed western mercedes in edinburgh today. got an email back that "This part number is no longer available from mercedes-benz".

I must ask my dealers for one of these, no cupholders is my bug bear

frog 1520 how can i get one of these in the u.s. is it custom?

I cant put here a picture, but there is doble front armrest for W140 where in one side is opening cupholder!!! I can send the photo to email! I even see one selling in ebay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom