Curbed my alloy to death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Gutted!

Attempted a U-turn in one tonight only to curb the hell out of my front alloy. :wallbash:

The rear 2 have got major lacquer corrsion, how much on average would I be looking at to make them look decent again? (17" AMG style II)

Attachments

• damage.jpg
    damage.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 210
Depends on where you go, what kind of finish you want (all painted or with the machined lip - if there's enough metal left etc?)

Anywhere from £40-70+ a wheel I'd guess.

Sorry to hear of that, some pretty heavy kerb rash going on :(

Will

Dont need them looking mint, so im guessing anything from £40+.

Sounded like a plane crashing, the kerb has a large gash in it aswell.

Looks worse than it is. I'd be more concerned about the knackered brake discs ;).

Yeah, on the last legs - they make a great screeching noise, will get them changed soon. :D

That's not to bad, my wife can do that in one trip to Waitrose! stats007 can vouch for that.

Whoever invented alloy wheels and low profile tyres should be strung up!

BJV, to be found at BJV Engineering - Alloy Wheel Refurbishing

Quoted me £45 a corner for my 17" AMGs, my 15" Golf (actually Corrado) wheels were £35 a corner and a very good job, which you can almost see here:

0a56e7ce.jpg

BJV wouldn't be my first port of call - their work has featured on here previously.

Fair dos, can only call them as I see them.

I've had no problems with BJV -- three jobs done well.

Unlucky!

I managed to keep mine pristine for 6 months then managed to ding both rears in the space of 3 days!

Looks worse than it is because the grazes push the metal to the side giving ridges , making the graze look deeper than they are.

I would think anywhere around £40 ish +

Last edited:
I think you can get just the edge done on th wheel and not the wheel.
Best to enquire.

You can but it's a bit of a false economy. You may as well bite the bullit and get a complete refurb for around £65 per wheel. Geniune AMGs should be looked after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom