Curiosity killed the cat..What are these parts please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

6500RPM

Car
Lexus LS430
So just having a rummage around my new car whilst putting the battery in the boot on charge (SL350) and found these two new parts in a bag. No number on them, so just wondering what they were really. Any ideas?

BC723440-7-C0-F-4-DAA-AD50-8515-B99-AD0-E4.jpg

4-BA5-DE54-5370-4836-9-A70-F4796-D417795.jpg

I think they are something to do with the rear of the engine, I'm sure I had the smaller one replaced when I had an oil leak (a000 998 65 90?) and sure the bigger item is around that area too. Im sure someone will be along with more accurate information

The bigger part is the cover for the crankcase breathing apparatus. P/N A2720100631

Can't figure out the smaller one but looks like just a cap, probably somewhere in the vicinity.

EDIT: scratch that, found it. Smaller one is an expansion plug at the back of the cylinder head. P/N A0009985690

The small one plugs the back end of the camshaft on the rear of the cylinder head. The large one is the oil seperator breather outlet, goes on the back of bank one cylinder head. MissyD on the right track there!

Hmmmm, slightly concerning that it has these 2 brand new parts in the boot then.

Hmmmm, slightly concerning that it has these 2 brand new parts in the boot then.

I would imagine you probably have a (small?) leak at the back of the engine - why not have a poke?

Just had a look at the positioning of both and it doesn't look too bad to access (but I also appreciate how things look with an engine out of the car can be very different with it in the car :D )

You can see it on the right side of the attached picture showing the back side of the engine.

Attachments

• m272.jpg
    m272.jpg
    852.3 KB · Views: 17
I would imagine you probably have a (small?) leak at the back of the engine - why not have a poke?

Just had a look at the positioning of both and it doesn't look too bad to access (but I also appreciate how things look with an engine out of the car can be very different with it in the car :D )

You can see it on the right side of the attached picture showing the back side of the engine.
Thats great thanks! I will see if I can see anything when it isnt as cold/wet/dark :)

In an SL access is tight. Could well be someone bought the parts, took a look and bottled out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom