Current C class advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Has anyone seen this?

It struck me as extremely amateur. It's a screen split into 4 or more sections each showing a moving W205 from different angles with the finance details shown below.

I genuinely thought it was going to be a low-rent ad for a local leasing company and was surprised to see that it was the real thing, having not seen the car myself I assumed that the shot showing the heating vents was an Audi (circular vents in centre of dashboard) hence my assumption that it was a generic leasing ad.

The car had a German number plate so could have been produced by MB themselves (or an agency appointed by them) which makes it even more astonishing.

Nearly any ad produced by the French manufacturers knocks this effort into a cocked hat.

Maybe MB hope that the car will speak for itself?

In which case why bother with advertising at all? the cynic in me suggests that the ad is about the finance deal quoted in the final shot rather than the car.

Having said that I do like the look of the W205, a C class has not reminded me so much of an S class since the W203 came out.

I haven't seen that one, just the one where the chap and the lady are driving and clicking their fingers to change scenarios.

Thought the new ad I have seen is much better than the one you're describing - worth a look on YouTube.

I suspect that the vast majority of new C-Class buyers (with possible exception for the 2-door variant) are fleet buyers and business buyers. Hence the 'low-rent' finance deal advertising.

Now this is what I call amateurish advertising.....

[YOUTUBE]rU-XLSkJjrg[/YOUTUBE]

The adverts they did a couple of years ago, at night, on a saltflat were brilliant

Has anyone seen this?

It struck me as extremely amateur. It's a screen split into 4 or more sections each showing a moving W205 from different angles with the finance details shown below.

I genuinely thought it was going to be a low-rent ad for a local leasing company and was surprised to see that it was the real thing, having not seen the car myself I assumed that the shot showing the heating vents was an Audi (circular vents in centre of dashboard) hence my assumption that it was a generic leasing ad.

The car had a German number plate so could have been produced by MB themselves (or an agency appointed by them) which makes it even more astonishing.

Nearly any ad produced by the French manufacturers knocks this effort into a cocked hat.

Maybe MB hope that the car will speak for itself?

In which case why bother with advertising at all? the cynic in me suggests that the ad is about the finance deal quoted in the final shot rather than the car.

Having said that I do like the look of the W205, a C class has not reminded me so much of an S class since the W203 came out.

I remember when Mercedes didn't need to advertise , with long waiting lists for all cars , and no discounts .

How times , and the cars , have changed .

Now this is what I call amateurish advertising.....

[YOUTUBE]rU-XLSkJjrg[/YOUTUBE]

Actually , a lot of those were surprisingly professional , given that many would have been shot with little more than a clockwork Bolex , and maybe a Uher , if they were even shooting location sound at all , and cut together afterwards in a most rudimentary fashion .

With limited budgets and film stock , every shot had to be planned and rehearsed over and over to make sure it was going to work . Nothing like present day video production where you can have as many takes as you like and digital post production is almost free .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom