Current c43/c55 Market Value ? wow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The difference with the ones on the forum are that they are aftermarket. Although the 3 originals were strictly speaking aftermarket too, the larger engine spec was stamped on the data card and incorporated into the VIN.

quick reg check confirms

The difference with the ones on the forum are that they are aftermarket. Although the 3 originals were strictly speaking aftermarket too, the larger engine spec was stamped on the data card and incorporated into the VIN.

A quick reg check confirms the car to be a C43 AMG Mercedes. Would C55 not be on the Logbook/V5 ?:dk:

I may be proven wrong here, but I thought the W202 C55's were around the 1999-2000 year mark?

These were an AMG special, they weren't built with the 55 engine, you had to buy a 43 and then take the car back to AMG Germany to have the 55 running gear fitted a full conversion was around 31,000 euros with the optional 18" alloys. They fitted a 354bhp m113 v8, with an e55 gearbox, diff, and drive shafts, the floor pan of the 202 has to be altered to fit the diff as it is bigger than a 43 item, the speed limiter was also removed. This version became available to compete with a new more powerful M3 being available.
It would still appear on the logbook as a C43 but with an engine capacity of 5.4, this is also how my car appears on the logbook, and on the EPC all C43's appear as C43/55.
This is a genuine AMG 55 car I believe Will knows the car/owner.
There were IIRC less than 50 saloons and estates of these ever produced world wide, there is an article on Wikipedia that is quite good.

Last edited:
The only time I recall seeing one for sale in the UK was back when I was lookin for a C43 (must be about 5-6 years ago now), it was an estate with around 150,000 on the clock if I remember correctly.
So if there's really 3 in the UK then its the one in autocar, the one you've spotted and the estate.

I may be proven wrong here, but I thought the W202 C55's were around the 1999-2000 year mark?

:confused: me too !

Shouldn't the speedometer display up to 300kmh. or mph equivalent.
I'm not saying it's not the real deal, but for that type of money a picture of the vin plate would of been useful

It would appear as if the owner of the Buryas Bridge Garage is selling his car. I knew that one c55 was in the west country. It is quite simply a very very rare RHD mercedes. He does want quite alot for it though. The c58 w202 brabus estate sold last year on an asking price of £16k and sold for probably a little less. the only thing i don't like so much is the comand (I think that is what it is) install on the centre console. I last saw a genuine w202 c55 for sale in the uk in around 2004 or thereabouts. Thank god the plate is not included in the sale. If I won the lottery, I'd buy it without a moment's hesitation.

Lifted from another forum......just for info

The hunt for a TRUE W202 C55 - MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums - a.baccari's Album: True C 55 W202 Brazil

World wide numbers for the C-AMG cars
Here are the international numbers for the C-AMG cars (from the C63 press release a while ago).

C36 AMG (W202); 1993-1997: 5400
C43 AMG (W202); 1997-2000: 3850
C55 AMG (W202); 1999-2000: 59

So it turns out 59 C55's were produced between 1999-2000, below is the break down:

C55 AMG (W202); LHD = 30
C55 AMG (W202); RHD = 29

this just sold for 13k.... bit of a trip to view though :rolleyes:

1999 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG, very rare beast!

I've been keeping a relaxed look out for a W202 C55 (left or right hand drive) just to get a feel on what's out there. My dream is to have a C43 and a C55 pigeon pair of w202's
My first impressions of the Ebay C55 is that it has been well used (needs a clean) and hacked about a bit (center consul, sticky labels on air box). I'm probably being unfair by only just looking at the photos, its just that the advert isn't screaming "look at me" especially at that price. Might still have a look though!

Last edited:
Don't see why the fuss about 202's imo i'd much rather have a facelift 210 E55 AMG, much nicer and not to mention safer.

202 has a 2 star saftey rating.

As for C55's, only c55 that came out of the AMG factory is a 203, end of, lol. :p

Not true.

The C55 (203) didnt come out of the AMG factory. The C55 (202) did.

Fancy a trip to the pod the compare the 202 Vs the 203?

Not true.

The C55 (203) didnt come out of the AMG factory. The C55 (202) did.

Fancy a trip to the pod the compare the 202 Vs the 203?

I'm always up for it Olly, just gotta find the right time.

anytime towards the end of this month onwards...

203 C55 just a better car not just interms of speed, i'm talking over all.

2003 C-Class C55 Jelly Mould :(

2002 C-Class C43/55 A lot more "Class" :thumb: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom