Current COMAND Map Versions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
This is the current situation today, 18th November 2020:

Maps-18-11-2020.png

This is the current situation today, 2nd February 2021:

COMMAND.png

Changes from previous post:
NTG7 Maps V5.1 released on 01.02.2021

Anything on NTG4?

The COMAND Download Manager only goes back as far as NTG4.5.

NTG4 maps are still provided via DVD media (AFAIK). So it can't be downloaded from MB.

The COMAND Download Manager only goes back as far as NTG4.5.

NTG4 maps are still provided via DVD media (AFAIK). So it can't be downloaded from MB.
Any new DVDs for NTG4 ?

Thanks @markjay - do you think NTG4.5 is no longer being supported with map updates?

Thanks @markjay - do you think NTG4.5 is no longer being supported with map updates?

Difficult to tell, NTG4.5 is still too new to be killed-off completely (it was supplied with some new cars up to 2015), so I think that they will just slow-down the rate at which they release new NTG4.5 maps. Maybe every 18 or 24 months now. It's all down to how much demand there still is for the new maps.

Changes from previous post:
NTG6 Maps V15.0 released on 29.03.2021

Am I right to think that NTG4 updates were stopped in 2018-2019?

Am I right to think that NTG4 updates were stopped in 2018-2019?

@Chrishazle might know.

I am only monitoring from NTG4.5 and up - i.e. the PIN-protected downloadable ones - NTG4 was the last of the DVD-based maps (no PIN).

d.png

NTG6 Maps V15.0 released on 29.03.2021
NTG5.5 Maps V20.0 released on 31.03.2021

NTG2.5 updates stop at 2019, NTG4 update DVD's are still being issued, AFAIK the latest are 2018-19 which is what comand.co.uk installed when they changed out the early HDD in my Comand system so I could have maps later than 2014-15. I'm too tight to pay £150+ for new map updates, thankfully NTG4 DVD's are re-useable, so I buy second user genuine MB from either forum or Ebay - a bit naughty, but much cheaper!

NTG5.5 Maps V20.0 released on 31.03.2021

The V20 maps came out some time before that (maybe a month earlier?). I got an email from MB advising they were available, and did a manual download/update on March 13th because the car was still showing no update pending. I wonder if they were released for automatic update on the 31st?

The V20 maps came out some time before that (maybe a month earlier?). I got an email from MB advising they were available, and did a manual download/update on March 13th because the car was still showing no update pending. I wonder if they were released for automatic update on the 31st?

It may be the case that the dates shown above are the dates when the maps versions were released for download via the particular online platform that I am monitoring, but they became available via other platforms at an earlier date.

I presume that is not a MB site?

It's official MB software, publicly available, connecting to MB's server in Germany, 100% legit. It can be used for free downloading of all PIN-protected maps (the PINs being purchased separately).

Latest.png

NTG7 Maps V6.2 released on 26.04.2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom