Current DVLA times for new V5C?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W124newbie

Car
W124
I bought a car about 6 weeks ago from a private trader and still haven't received the new log book. He says he posted it straight away and I have no reason to doubt that. On the DVLA website it says it should arrive in 4 weeks but to wait for at least 6 before contacting them.

Should I continue to wait or just fill in a V62 and send with my new keepers slip? I'm not sure what the current wait times are like.

I know this is a bit late in the day, but you're better off doing it all online at the time of purchase. At least you know it's done and aren't left with the uncertainty of it possibly going missing in the post.

My experience of doing it that way was that my car's V5C arrived within a week when I bought it in February, although my wife's V5C took almost 4 weeks to arrive when that was purchased in late May.

I only found out recently that it can all be done online, wish I had known when purchasing! At least I know for next time.

Ok I just filled out the V62 but thought I might as well call the DVLA before sending off. He asked the reg, colour, model, my name and address... and then confirmed they've received my new details and the log book should be on it's way any day now.

Talk about milking the "6 weeks processing time for change of registered keeper" they have on their website!

Thanks guys!

My last VED refund took ages... then I found that my little girl had hidden it.

Got mine back just over 5 weeks, of course wrong information on it. But somehow when I put private plate on got it back 2 days later.

I was also in same situation last week when my dealer told me he sent the V5C but I did not receive it even after 4 weeks. But, exactly after 4 weeks of Purchase I received my new V5C only to be sent straight back to them. Dealer mis-typed my first name! Now the new wait has begin...

I got my new V5 last week 5 days after taking delivery of the car. I got acknowledgment of my sale of old car today together with the road fund tax rebate 8 days in all

I'm in the same boat; I haven't had the new V5... but they have sent me notification that they acknowledge I traded the Hyundai in, and that they've changed the address on the Nissan too.

Other than phoning, is there a way to check that they've got my details (without having the reference number on the V5)?

7 day V5 car to car registration number turnaround?

Some of the registration number selling operators offer a service promising to achieve this much faster than usual for a charge of about £30. Anyone tried it and how do they do it?

I'm sure mine turned up within two or three weeks and that was within the last month and a half or so.

Some of the registration number selling operators offer a service promising to achieve this much faster than usual for a charge of about £30. Anyone tried it and how do they do it?

That sounds like a scam to me.

i phoned today, they sent my V5 out yesterday, car purchased on 23rd Sept so within 3 wks for me, and it was sent via post by the dealer.

Picked my new car up 2 weeks ago on the Saturday it arrived on the Friday.

Received my V5c within 4 days after buying the car .i put my PP a new V5c arrived in 3 days.

No sign of the wifes V5c nearly 4 weeks from a main dealer.

Seems like it's hit and miss then. Some are received quickly, others like me are still waiting 6 weeks on. Didn't turn up yesterday so still hoping it arrives this week.

No sign of the wifes V5c nearly 4 weeks from a main dealer.

Mine was from a main dealer too - I suppose you are at the mercy of how quick they send them out to an extent.

I imagine they save up loads and send in one consignment to save money.

Mine was from a main dealer too - I suppose you are at the mercy of how quick they send them out to an extent.

I imagine they save up loads and send in one consignment to save money.

Think your right JohnEboy.

Received the V5 for the Merc within a few days.

Unfortunately the notice that I am no longer the keeper of my old Saab is taking longer and I received a PCN for the Dartford crossing today that was incurred hours after I sold it. Checked if it was taxed and insured and it isn't so now expecting a few more PCNs to start flowing in. Probably fake address supplied on V5, I've told the DVLA who have confirmed they will keep dispensing my details for PCN purposes until they get around to updating the records which could take another three weeks.

Didn't realise you could do it online now and the change is immediate, definately how I'll be going about it in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom