Currently got a c200 amg on demo - some questions if I may

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Driver15

Car
Currently in a Hire Car
Currently got a c200 amg on demo - some questions if I may
Got a c200 amg trim auto on demo at the moment from Thursday to Monday.

Got a few questions..

Radio, can I select fm only as a lot of the dab ones it's showing have no signal in the valley.

Not that I want to... But how do you turn the traction / stability off?

This car is a basic spec one, the back of my thighs are aching due to the no base seat extender like on my my e60, guess I will get used to it in time.

Park assist - I need to read up on that.

Thanks

The DAB/FM radio should change automatically when it loses signal.

Seat base adjustment has been added to all models from June production I believe

Park assist is easy. You'll see a blue letter p in front of you when you're driving below 20mph. Just drive past a space and when it finds one big enough, you'll see an arrow next to it. Just Pop the car in reverse and press ok on the steering wheel. It'll do everything from there! Just cover the brake to be safe

The DAB/FM radio should change automatically when it loses signal.

Seat base adjustment has been added to all models from June production I believe

Park assist is easy. You'll see a blue letter p in front of you when you're driving below 20mph. Just drive past a space and when it finds one big enough, you'll see an arrow next to it. Just Pop the car in reverse and press ok on the steering wheel. It'll do everything from there! Just cover the brake to be safe

Thanks - good news about the base seat extender.

Figured out park assit now, works well. - thanks for that.

The radio is something im struggling with. I have it on FM/DAB mode and its like its can get just a tiny bit of signal for DAB but not enough to play the station, so when i want to scroll few stations to choose, I have to scroll though around 30 to fine the only 6 FM stations I can pick up.

On my BMW, (non DAB) I just set it to All stations and it shows all stations with which have signal so easy to flick between.

Maybe a video is required to show what i mean.

How do you find the C class after a 5 series?

I went from an E60 to an E class and think that I would have found the C a bit small in comparison.

Ok, so example below -

As the car is currently parked in a valley, it seems to of lost a lot of the other "weak" dab stations so there not showing at the moment.

But the below video shows that when i scroll through some stations, theres like a 5 second plus pause of audio between stations which does not seem that good really ? its like its trying to play DAB, then realizes signal is too weak and trips to FM.

https://youtu.be/N0K7P1dnPKg

How do you find the C class after a 5 series?

I went from an E60 to an E class and think that I would have found the C a bit small in comparison.

Well.. thats a good question....

Parked on the drive side by side, theres not much in it length wise, the cabin does feel a lot more compact and rear leg room is lacking compared to the E60 but thats expected. (my kids are 2 and 5 so not an issue at this point).

The boot is a lot smaller than the E60 and the C350e is smaller again! but i do have a roof box and a trailer if needs be for the 1% time i need more space, plus the seat fold on the W205.

The W205 feels a lot lighter in the doors to the E60 (which is built like a german tank!) The seats in the E60 are bigger but the drive of the W205 is nice, the E60 is still a great place to be taking into account the first model rolled out of factory replacing the E39 in 2003.

I would of liked more space, but as the E60 is privately owned and the C350e is to be company leased, playing the BIK game ruled out a F10/11 or a E class really.

The E60 is going to be retired I think to the wife.. (so does not know yet, she just thinks shes getting a "new" car at some point so I need to pull off a "new" to new you chat :crazy: at some point.. wish me luck!

Overall the E60 has been and is a great car, hence why i have not changed it sooner.

Did you not consider the estate then ? More head room in back and it opens by putting your foot under the bumper

Did you not consider the estate then ? More head room in back and it opens by putting your foot under the bumper

Co2 game - I need a towbar, and on the estate it required 18's pushing it over the 50co2 mark, plus wanted the panno roof which also required the 18's.

Overall it costs a few k more over the 4 year term and i am more of a saloon kind of person. :thumb:

99% of the time i dont need the extra space - and if i did, i have a trailer (for camping) and a 500 liter roof box.

Last edited:
Just found how to disable ESP in the cluster assistance menu

Co2 game - I need a towbar, and on the estate it required 18's pushing it over the 50co2 mark, plus wanted the panno roof which also required the 18's.

Overall it costs a few k more over the 4 year term and i am more of a saloon kind of person. :thumb:

99% of the time i dont need the extra space - and if i did, i have a trailer (for camping) and a 500 liter roof box.
Fair enough what ever works for you ,I personally can't stand caravans and trailers but need to pick up bails of hay and sacks of food for my goats and chickens and building supplys so estate works for me and I will just pay the extra for co2 as having panno roof ... You say 4 year term that seem long for a lease car or am I wrong , what happens when the warrant runs out in 3 years

Fair enough what ever works for you ,I personally can't stand caravans and trailers but need to pick up bails of hay and sacks of food for my goats and chickens and building supplys so estate works for me and I will just pay the extra for co2 as having panno roof ... You say 4 year term that seem long for a lease car or am I wrong , what happens when the warrant runs out in 3 years

Fully maintaned, insured etc company car via a lease company or 70k miles which ever comes first

Fully maintaned, insured etc company car via a lease company or 70k miles which ever comes first
Ar I see company car lease , mine is personal lease via NHS fleet solutions salary sacrifice so will only pay £388 insured for 5 drivers fully maintained 12k a year for 3 years so works Diffrent

such good value that on NHS Fleet, for the Estate with additional BIK, great value !

My Saloon order is significantly lower than the estate :)

Ar I see company car lease , mine is personal lease via NHS fleet solutions salary sacrifice so will only pay £388 insured for 5 drivers fully maintained 12k a year for 3 years so works Diffrent

I guess you will still pay bik on salary sacrifice? Is that £388 the first year till April 2016? So year 3 ones up a bit.

Good deals though on a £40k plus car ;-)

Last edited:
such good value that on NHS Fleet, for the Estate with additional BIK, great value !

My Saloon order is significantly lower than the estate :)

Yeah the saloon spec the same as mine is about £40 a mouth cheaper but I need the estate

I guess you will still pay bik on salary sacrifice? Is that £388 the first year till April 2016? So year 3 ones up a bit.

Good deals though on a £40k plus car ;-)
No it's £388 inc bik for 3 years does not go up ..been useing them for 5 years now :bannana::bannana:

No it's £388 inc bik for 3 years does not go up ..been using them for 5 years now :bannana::bannana:

ah right.. must be diff with NHS fleet solutions if its classed as personal.

I was pretty sure SS car is subject to BIK at the normal rates though, Maybe in the past if you had something which only went up a tiny % with a lower RRP the diff would be small and not noticeable.

image_79_thumb.png

https://www.cpcdrive.nhs.uk/search-results.html?search=bik&submit=Go

What other tax implications are there on me?
If you take a car under the salary sacrifice car scheme, you will be treated as having a company car and be liable to tax on the Benefit-in-Kind charge. However, choosing a lower CO2 emitting vehicle will mean a lower Benefit-in-Kind charge.

The only way around this is to have a personal lease which is arranged outside of SS i would of thought ?

Last edited:
I am not sure how it works but we had a golf for 3 years and paid £270 a mouth from day one to the last day , when ordering the car they show how much you save and how much you pay in tax and give you a total cost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom