Curry in London - help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Meldrew2

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport (Red) Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (Black) Sorry about that...
Ms Meldrew & myself will be spending a couple of days in London later this month.

We're staying near Tottenham Court Road and looking for recommendations for a good Indian (not necessarily posh - but MUST serve beer) in the area.

I just KNOW that this forum has experts on this very subject - so over to you...

Lotus on Charing Cross Road. Stunning food, great service.

Beautiful surroundings.

Highly recommended.

Yadgar, Calder Street, Glasgow.

Beer in local pub.

You know it makes sense.

:D

No brainer Malabar Junction on Great Russell Street. Different with exquisite food

Palms of Goa

12 Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 2LU

Telephone: 020 7636 1668

Small and cosy, good Indian food at down-to-earth prices.

EDIT - Apparently it closed down... :(

Last edited:
Go to Masala Zone in Covent Garden or Soho - 10-15 minute walk from TC Road. Order a Grand Thali, a beer and marvel at the traditional dolls hanging from the ceiling. Or, for more 'on trend' eating, try Dishoom - again in Covent Garden. Unsure if you can book and queues can be long at peak times.

Brick Lane - without a doubt

Brick Lane if you want a cheap curry, there used to be a place in Soho called Carom which is without doubt the best curry I've ever had, unfortunately it's closed down now.

Dishoom is very nice and they have a couple of restaurants around town, really authentic indian cafe style.

Last edited:
flango said:
No brainer Malabar Junction on Great Russell Street. Different with exquisite food

Thank you Ian once again you have recommended a good 'un Some different dishes and a very friendly staff made Malabar Junction a winner. Also just one block from the hotel so we can stagger back after a few more bottles of Tikka Gold!

Last night we went to meet a friend whose son sings at the Hipppdrome, and we were given complimentary tickets to see Dire Straits who were playing there that night. My ears are starting to recover...

Thank you Ian once again you have recommended a good 'un Some different dishes and a very friendly staff made Malabar Junction a winner. Also just one block from the hotel so we can stagger back after a few more bottles of Tikka Gold!

Last night we went to meet a friend whose son sings at the Hipppdrome, and we were given complimentary tickets to see Dire Straits who were playing there that night. My ears are starting to recover...

Glad you enjoyed it and what a bonus to see dire straits. One of my most drunken memories was drinking with Mark Knofler until the silly hours in a hotel in Wallsend, oh happy days.

Glad you enjoyed it and what a bonus to see dire straits. One of my most drunken memories was drinking with Mark Knofler until the silly hours in a hotel in Wallsend, oh happy days.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/2316176-post8.html

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom