Cusp classic abroad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ade B

MB Enthusiast
Car
2006 Accord Tourer iCDTI EX
Just got back from a 7 day trip to Brittany and back. The CE performed excellently as a family holiday wagon and despite being covered externally in the finest French agricultural mud and internally in biscuit crumbs (thanks to Junior B) it didn't miss a beat.

Well not entirely true... the NS window packed in at about the 4th toll station (cue rapid roadside door card removal to reset the glass and annoying whistle at over 70)... and the windscreen wiper blade needs a good talking to as it smears badly between sweeps..

We drove from London to Josselin, stayed there at a friends place for a few days, dropped down to Carnac for 2 nights and, nipped out to Locronan for a day. Back via Mont St Michael (taking a pushchair and a 12 month old Junior B around the abbey was 'interesting')..

The Bretons like their old MBs, saw loads of 201s and 124s in varying condition.

I only wish I hadn't turn the heating off - the flat is freezing....

So there you go - 18 year old 124s make for great mile munching touring family hacks. Really impressed by the comfort (no aches and pains), cruise control is brilliant, no idea how much petrol got used but it seemed to be getting about 100 miles per fuel gauge segment which equates to just under 30mpg.. and I know that with a hoover and a quick wash it will look shiny and clean again and will be back to its normal stately, genteel self.

Need to drive to Nottingham and back tomorrow, hope I havn't jinxed it..

Ade :)

Last edited:
Some MB related holiday snaps.

In Josselin by the canal

5be02611.jpg

Carnac, one for detailing world ;)..

4e5a2500.jpg

same place, hewn from granite, weather beaten and ancient - and some standing stones in the background..

2dd471de.jpg

And oh so practical.. (note lack of rust following new paint..)

bc0e4f0a.jpg

Ade :)

Blimey. I haven't been to Josselin for 20 years!

Nearly bought a big old manoir just below the chateau some time back...

I went in a Montego :eek:

We were in Carantec in the summer. The first time we had been to Brittany, and would definitely recommend it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom