Custom exhausts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
This thread is in this sub forum deliberately but I trust you guys over the bloomin knackers at the ovlov place.....

Anyone around my way had a custom exhaust done?
Madam's ovlov appears to be the only model in England where there is no factor/aftermarket exhaust, or (more importantly right now) downpipe (with cat).

Main dealer tried to kill me with the pricing. £685 plus vat trade exchange on the front pipe with two week lead time, and almost £900 for the exhaust.

I am sure people out there must replace with generic/custom right back to manifold, but I spoke to my local Longlife stainless place "will do cat back, won't touch downpipe" - incredible attitude from who I thought were one of the market leaders.

Anyone got any recommendations/advice?
Thanks

This thread is in this sub forum deliberately but I trust you guys over the bloomin knackers at the ovlov place.....

Anyone around my way had a custom exhaust done?
Madam's ovlov appears to be the only model in England where there is no factor/aftermarket exhaust, or (more importantly right now) downpipe (with cat).

Main dealer tried to kill me with the pricing. £685 plus vat trade exchange on the front pipe with two week lead time, and almost £900 for the exhaust.

I am sure people out there must replace with generic/custom right back to manifold, but I spoke to my local Longlife stainless place "will do cat back, won't touch downpipe" - incredible attitude from who I thought were one of the market leaders.

Anyone got any recommendations/advice?
Thanks

Not that close to Slurry but Eldin at EMP (St Albans) does some good stuff.

It's a C70 2.4 inj (non turbo). 2008 cabrio

Spoke to a longlife branch "i dont touch downpipes".
Spoke to an independent - I can build you a new one in stainless, week and a half, and you'll probably need it mapped afterwards by my pal at £300 as its likely to have an EML on after.

Square one....

If you're willing to travel to Cardiff, try Charlie at Pro-Speed exhausts. When I was sorting out the dead catalyst on the SL, he was the only one I spoke to who knew exactly what was needed and put forward a detailed plan from the off. Even made a new header crossover on the day, as the original's outer skin had corroded at it's fixing point and was rattling, no extra charge.

It's passed the MoT with impeccable emissions ever since.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Drew.
Is he the one whose name has come up via LC circles? Sounds vaguely familar.
Always willing to travel. Although.... at the 18mpg she's currently getting.....lol

Try Profusion ,near Heathrow. They do s/steel full or part systems. They may even be able to replace the bobbins!

Thanks, will call them.

Impressed with the Profusion setup but plumped for just welding in a new flexi for cashflow reasons for the moment, thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom