Custom front bumper - Advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mobb

Car
CLK55 AMG - E92 M3
Im looking to have some custom work done to my car - I want to have a 203 AMG front bumper fused with a 208 AMG front bumper. So the top half of the 208 bumper and the lower half of the 203.

Could anyone advise as to;

Who could do the work in the London/Essex area?
What sort of cost should be expected?

Lastly, your opinion of how the bumper looks and suits the 208 AMG? (Seen in the pictures below)

I would like the end result to look identucal to this -

eurotuner6.jpg

eurotuner9.jpg

eurotuner8.jpg

Last edited:
I love the look of these! What the 208 CLK55 needs is a layer of satin or matt black to the diffuser area and quad pipes on the rear bumper and something more aggressive at the front like the 203 AMG bumper!

Personally I'd take the stock 55 bumper off and put it in storage (as it's worth something) and have the bodyshop work on a standard 208 front bumper. Take the inner frame out of the bumper, cut the top half off, take the 203 AMG bumper shell and cut the bottom half off. Essentially they are glued together likely around the rubbing strip area to minimise any differences and hide them near a natural shape change. Filler, sand, paint and fit.

I love the look of these! What the 208 CLK55 needs is a layer of satin or matt black to the diffuser area and quad pipes on the rear bumper and something more aggressive at the front like the 203 AMG bumper!

Personally I'd take the stock 55 bumper off and put it in storage (as it's worth something) and have the bodyshop work on a standard 208 front bumper. Take the inner frame out of the bumper, cut the top half off, take the 203 AMG bumper shell and cut the bottom half off. Essentially they are glued together likely around the rubbing strip area to minimise any differences and hide them near a natural shape change. Filler, sand, paint and fit.

I know, I have been looking at this for a while now.. I have always thought the 208 AMG front bumper was lacking something..

Sounds like a plan then! I think I can pick up a 203 AMG bumper for a few hundred pounds and then a 208 standard bumper for next to nothing..

I have plans for my car Shude - Quad exhausts, Renntech parts and that custom front bumper. ;)

So does anyone want to advise on the cost im looking at to have the work done?

Any recommendations as to who can do it?

I know, I have been looking at this for a while now.. I have always thought the 208 AMG front bumper was lacking something..

Sounds like a plan then! I think I can pick up a 203 AMG bumper for a few hundred pounds and then a 208 standard bumper for next to nothing..

I have plans for my car Shude - Quad exhausts, Renntech parts and that custom front bumper. ;)

So does anyone want to advise on the cost im looking at to have the work done?

Any recommendations as to who can do it?

Give me a ring Mobb this can be done and it will look awesome

DCP Clive

i hope i can give you a call , once a find my clk 55 in a frw months to make it pristeine ? ;)

Give me a ring Mobb this can be done and it will look awesome

DCP Clive

Just what I wanted to hear.

Will give you a call soon Clive, will also need you to fit a RENNtech airbox in the next few weeks. :D

@mrcgibb - Thanks :) Make sure you post some pictures up when you get your AMG.

Just what I wanted to hear.

Will give you a call soon Clive, will also need you to fit a RENNtech airbox in the next few weeks. :D

@mrcgibb - Thanks :) Make sure you post some pictures up when you get your AMG.

no probs and dont forget the Maf sensor too ;)

I photoshopped a C63 bumper onto a 208 once, looked good ;)

Shude your link dosnt work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom