Custom W124 centre console???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sure, for a 500E owner, anytime.

cheers
talbir
Maybe i don`t have an e500,but i`m very pleased with the part.Thank you very muchTalbir,and it was a pleasure to meet you:thumb:.

the s 600 console will fit 124, lets you have a telly in front

and the taxi console is a good swap to allow double din head unit!

the s 600 console will fit 124, lets you have a telly in front

My maip point is that is something unique but maybe not everybodys taste,but on the other hand that was the idea to so you could push the flip screen stereo all the way.

I finally found some time to fit the console over the weekend but it can`t fit straight.Need to do some searching but is going to be a hard one as not many people done it

Talbir always said they are not easy to fit at all!

Talbir always said they are not easy to fit at all!

He told me is not a straight fit but I`m sure I`ll find the way.A member here Rodnex has one on his estate,but he does not come here much
Here is a pic of his car,I`m sure you`ll have to change the console part
holzspezial7lsc.jpg

Last edited:
so whats actually the problem?

Well:Is hard to explain Jay.The whole aircon and heater units has to be pushed out but the wooden piece should sit flat on the cosole unit.Well,i does not.If you look closely on this pic,you`ll see that the cosole he is using is not one piece.Look closely next to the seat and you`ll notice where he has joined two pieces.I hope you`ll understand,lol
w124mk1u4y0.jpg

I think the join is a stitch in the leather.. he must have had it re trimmed...

I think the join is a stitch in the leather.. he must have had it re trimmed...

No Jay,the one he is using is wider so the wooden piece sits flat.On my one,there is a huge gap left on the bottom on both sides.I have just send him an email so I`m hoping he will share some info

Last edited:
This is exactly what put me off getting the wood pieces myself!

I know as Talbir told me,also this would be no goo0d to you as your car has climate.I did think about the 140 console but the glove box on those is built in :dk:

It does actually look like the console is from as S600, check out this one in the eBay link:

I just got an S600 console delivered,but still no joy

Yep, i've two sets of that AMG Japan console wood, but they are not direct bolt on.

AMG did produce these different wood peices for w126's as well, to enable fitment of 4 peice Clarion systems !

talbir

They were on offer not just from AMG Japan, here they are shown in the 1988 AMG 300TE brochure for Italy & France...

(extract - if you want to see full version drop me a PM with your email etc!)

Kind regards

Edward

Attachments

• AMG 300E wood a.JPG
    AMG 300E wood a.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 119
  • AMG 300E wood b.JPG
    AMG 300E wood b.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 122
Too much wood for my liking and too much in your face. Reminds me of an old Bentley or Rolls Royce.

I don't really understand the appeal of those r129 style consoles on the w124. Especially in walnut. In contrast I've seen a few r129s with really nice birdseye and flamed maple consoles in blue or green from the early designo packages that look awesome.

Most shocking of all, is that jauto.co.jp currently have 4 E60 saloons in stock. Japan seems to be bottomless mine of mint 90s Benz's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom