Custom wheel spacers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.A.94

Car
2001 Mercedes E320 CDI (W210) OM613
I need some 20mm custom wheel spacers which will bolt onto my hub using m12x1.5 bolts and then my wheels would bolt onto the spacers using m14.1.5 bolts.

Centre bore on both my hub and wheel is 66.6mm and the PCD is 5x112.

So the only thing I need to change is the bolts for the wheels need to be m14x1.5 instead of the stock m12x1.5

So far the only company I can find is superforma but a bit sceptic about the quality of the spacer. What grade aluminium is safe to use for spacers as I could question the company on what they use for their spacers.

I think most companies use 6082 grade however this is just a number to me so could anybody shed some light on this.

After much trial + error I made a set when I fitted aftermarket wheels to my previous CLS , I just used longer bolts rather than double bolting the wheel ->spacer -> hub. I used 8062T aluminium from Aluminium Droitwich through eBay.

CIMG2493_zpsih5ql6ob by Kenny Niven, on Flickr

K

After much trial + error I made a set when I fitted aftermarket wheels to my previous CLS , I just used longer bolts rather than double bolting the wheel ->spacer -> hub. I used 8062T aluminium from Aluminium Droitwich through eBay.

CIMG2493_zpsih5ql6ob by Kenny Niven, on Flickr

K

Wow I don't think I have the skills to make my own spacers. Is there a chart I can look at for different types of aluminium it seems most companies use 6082.

Is there a chart I can look at for different types of aluminium it seems most companies use 6082.

Apologies , just checked back my Ebay purchases and it was 6082T6 grade that I purchased a few years ago for the spacers. From their website :

"Grade 6082T6 is a good medium strength general engineering grade of aluminium. It can be machined, has very good corrosion resistance, can be welded and is good for drilling, turning & tapping"

K

Apologies , just checked back my Ebay purchases and it was 6082T6 grade that I purchased a few years ago for the spacers. From their website :

"Grade 6082T6 is a good medium strength general engineering grade of aluminium. It can be machined, has very good corrosion resistance, can be welded and is good for drilling, turning & tapping"

K

Thank you Kenny that has gave me a lot of peace of mind knowing they will be safe. I'm very cautious when it comes to safety due to the way I like to drive.

Also very impressed that you went out and made your own spacers that's some skill you have their buddy.

Are you specifically looking to space the wheels, or is it just a way of dealing with mismatched bolt sizing? It is possible (although rare) to get M12 bolts with M14-spec heads.

Of course, if you're also using the spacers to overcome PCD/Centrebore then this is null and void.

Are you specifically looking to space the wheels, or is it just a way of dealing with mismatched bolt sizing? It is possible (although rare) to get M12 bolts with M14-spec heads.

Of course, if you're also using the spacers to overcome PCD/Centrebore then this is null and void.

That would be ideal mate!!! It would save me a lot of headache too!! Any links to companies that supply these bolts?

are you bolting the wheel to the spacer ?
If you are T6 aluminium is not good enough, you need steel.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Agree, the ally spacers in the photos show clearance holes which are fine to bolt through. As above ^^you would need to use steel if you were bolting to the spacer.

I had a set of custom spacers for my CLS made by superforma.co.uk

Used correctly sized longer bolts. I personally wouldn't use the type of spacers the OP has described in the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom