Customer Service Surveys- The Secret to Success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

solarmer1

Car
MB 2001 E320cdi, 2010 W212 E350
Hi
Just had both my 210 saloon and estate serviced. A couple of things I notice have changed. The first is that my MB dealer no longer itemises the cost of any items onto the invoice i.e you only see the one price and that is for the whole service including oils, any bulbs etc. I like to know what I'm being charged and in my,albeit cynical view, the change on the invoice has been carried out in order to avoid the dealer having to explain why they are ripping you off over the cost of oil.

The second change I notice is in relation to the "Customer Satisfaction Survey". Soon after each service I receive a telephone call asking me if everything has been carried out to my satisfaction. I have made a note of these calls for the past 4 years and have concluded the following:

if you state that everything is not to your satisfaction then the telephone call is not followed up by an online questionaire. If you reply that everything is fine then the on-line questionnaire follows almost immediately.

The result is that "Hey Presto" the dealership only receives questionnaires that show:cool: them in the best light. So, if you have any negative comments to make about your service then don't inform the telephone caller complete the questionnaire. Play them at their own game!
Regards
solarmer

The first is that my MB dealer no longer itemises the cost of any items onto the invoice i.e you only see the one price and that is for the whole service including oils, any bulbs etc.
Which dealer is this? Both the dealers that I use locally MB Oxford (part of the Inchcape Group) and Hughes of Aylesbury provide fully itemised invoices and make sure that you properly understand what each and every item is at time of collection.

Don't get me started on the customer satisfaction surveys! I have posted about this before - Mercedes dealerships operate this system farcically.

customer-satisfaction-survey-400x298.jpg

Shrewsbury

Hughes of Aylesbury are spot on - went in for bulb, wearing grubbish clothes lol, they asked what I needed, told me to grab a coffee and wait in their customer reception area - 5 mins later bulb all done and invoiced.

Made me feel good as 90% of the time I wear suits/ties and people do look at you in different light - it's the human animal - I went in there wearing jeans and trainers and cos it was cold a scruffy coat - looked a right ruffian :O)

ooops sorry to diverse - and yes they do itemise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom