Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cinek

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB W204 , BMW F10, GSXR LZ3
Just got an e-mail from BMW Sytner. So it goes like that:

"As an existing customer of Sytner Chigwell BMW, I have some potentially important information which I'd like to share with you.

Here's the link to a short personal video that I've created; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time to watch. The video is completely exclusive to you, but will only be available for a short period of time.

At Sytner Chigwell BMW, we pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our customers, customers like you. That's why I've sent you this short personal video link, because I believe you'll find the information timely and relevant.

If you have a couple of minutes you can view it here. I'd be really interested in your feedback.

Thanks very much for your time today and I hope this was helpful.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance"

Initially, I thought it is some sort of a spam, then I watched it :)

I think this is a really nice touch, didnt take much to put it together, and it has put big smile on my face :) :)

I hope you will be able to see it

http://video.citnow.com/vttcYLv3PFP

Last edited:
I think you should reply and ask where the black upholstery you ordered is :)

Only I didnt; wife wanted it - she got it (as the usual story goes).

Besides, I would not want to see my blood pressure going through the roof once again, waiting for the third car being built ;)

Last edited:
That's exactly the sort of care and attention I mentioned in the other thread from the Farnborough branch. Managed to turn the frown I left the Hook dealers with less than an hour before into a large smile.

Only I didnt; wife wanted it - she got it (as the usual story goes).

Besides, I would not want to see my blood pressure going through the roof once again, waiting for the third car being built ;)

I meant more of a wind-up than anything else.... I prefer the cream also.

Nissan Brighton did that when I ordered a 5 year old Murano - I was impressed as it was done just for me and highlighted the points I had mentioned.

Its a nice touch especially for a new car. Anyone had something similar from an MB main dealer ... anyone ????

Its a nice touch especially for a new car. Anyone had something similar from an MB main dealer ... anyone ????

I wouldn't hold my breath whilst waiting for an answer.

Did he really say "coloured muffler tips"?

That really is a nice touch but, just like their own Owner's magazine (and Porsche's and MB's), the commentary can't be considered objective, really.

Now, if the commentary said something like

"Here's a quick video of your new car. As you can see it's in the maroon colour you ordered, that'll make it difficult to shift when it's time to move it on. There's the panoramic roof which will mean the car's back with us off an on for the next three year's until it's being fixed out of your wallet, at which point you will stop opening it for fear of it jamming. And here's a close-up of the magnolia upholstery. What a massive mistake that was. Sucker!"

That would be a commentary you could admire for its objectivity.

That really is a nice touch but, just like their own Owner's magazine (and Porsche's and MB's), the commentary can't be considered objective, really.

Now, if the commentary said something like

"Here's a quick video of your new car. As you can see it's in the maroon colour you ordered, that'll make it difficult to shift when it's time to move it on. There's the panoramic roof which will mean the car's back with us off an on for the next three year's until it's being fixed out of your wallet, at which point you will stop opening it for fear of it jamming. And here's a close-up of the magnolia upholstery. What a massive mistake that was. Sucker!"

That would be a commentary you could admire for its objectivity.

Hehe, good one :thumb:

Did I say there was another video that came shortly after this one....

Hehe, good one :thumb:

Did I say there was another video that came shortly after this one....

That one starts: " Here's your car being red-lined up the M11 by the trainee service monkey."

BTW did that commentator really call himself a "Product Genius"???!!!!

That one starts: " Here's your car being red-lined up the M11 by the trainee service monkey."

BTW did that commentator really call himself a "Product Genius"???!!!!

Oh yes, and his e-mail signature also says "BMW Product Genius"

Either way, this actually made my look forward picking it up tomorrow ;)

Not sure about the Genius part but this is the type of thing would make me buy a car.

Its the simple things and doesn't come any simpler.

Holy Moly --Leonardo DiCaprio sold you a car? ;)

MV5BMjI0MTg3MzI0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQyODU2Mw@@._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

That video was shot in their overspill car park, where they hold newly arrived cars as well as part exchanged ones.

Not surprisingly, few mercs show up in the background.

Holy Moly --Leonardo DiCaprio sold you a car? ;)

MV5BMjI0MTg3MzI0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQyODU2Mw@@._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Never met him in my life, lol. Deal was done by completely different person.

DiCaprio made me buy my watch though :p

Oh yes, and his e-mail signature also says "BMW Product Genius"

Either way, this actually made my look forward picking it up tomorrow ;)

It does indeed look beautiful. The BMW 5 series is very handsome - much more so than the current E Class, in my opinion. I am not surprised your are looking forward to collecting it - and, joking apart, the teaser video is a nice touch.

And, without wishing to redirect this thread or hijack it, if Robbie is actually a genius with regard to BMW products, then full marks to him and them (with only a minor negative for the actual job title). What the car industry needs is more sales people who actually know the products and their technical functions. On another thread, I was bemoaning an Audi dealership for knowing absolutely nothing about the technical features of the cars they are trying to sell. If Robbie knows his Dynamic steering from his auto-parking then that's all to the good, in my opinion.

Did he look like this then?;)
article-1320724-0B9FA152000005DC-52_468x424.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom