Cutting Sideskirts in half!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
I might have found a set of C43 Sideskirts in a far off land :D

To cut down postage costs they have suggested cutting them in half :eek:

Although this sounds like the worst thing known to man, surely any bodyshop could patch them together good as new...?

Its not like they weigh alot, or will have much movement...?

Opinions please!

They will always flex and crack on the joint.

Pay the extra, it's not much in a lifetime.

How much difference is there between the extra postage and the bodyshop costings ?

I know my preference would be to have them shipped intact - far better in the long run and the money will soon be long forgotten once you have them in your possession.

You did not wait this long to get half`s

I might have found a set of C43 Sideskirts in a far off land :D

To cut down postage costs they have suggested cutting them in half :eek:

Although this sounds like the worst thing known to man, surely any bodyshop could patch them together good as new...?

Its not like they weigh alot, or will have much movement...?

Opinions please!

Buy some in England, there's no great shortage of them, especially as now quite a few C43s are getting scrapped.

Buy some in England, there's no great shortage of them, especially as now quite a few C43s are getting scrapped.

He`s been looking since.........since I can remember really

I agree, pay the extra to get them sent without any cutting.

For reference the sideskirts are ~£900 new for a pair.

Where? every breakers I call tell me they wont spilt them from the bumpers, and you only have the one in stock...

Never on eBay.co.uk either

Where? every breakers I call tell me they wont spilt them from the bumpers, and you only have the one in stock...

Perhaps you should consider buying a full set then split it yourself? Might be able to make a few quid as part of the process?

Karl - have you actually worked out how much they'd cost to post complete?

Sawing them in half is a bad idea IMHO! :eek:

Or do as said above, buy a kit and split it - you'll get good money for the front bumper alone, quite commonly damaged I would think :)

Will

Well , as a sidenote (and a minor thread hijack ) , i just picked up a set of SWB A class AMG skirts for £60 :p

Happy days ...

There was someone on here with a C43 that crashed - in fact I sold him his bumpers, that then got smashed to bits shortly after being fitted, what happened to his car?

And then there's last weeks one that got hit by a police dog van, all these cars end up going somewhere, and all must get broken up by someone somewhere.

Shipping from japan is silly.. I paid something like £400 inc duties to get mine here from Japan, the skirts were only £200.... wont be doing that again!

I agree with everyone else (for a change) don't cut them in half!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom